What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Match Review & Judiciary charges

Vic Mackey

Referee
The outrage and suspension over the Lussick thing has put the NRL into a corner of their own making tbh.

It was about 10% as bad as it was made out to be, he never attacks the legs, it was knee on leg contact, the NSWRL/NRL whoever was responsible for the charge bought into the hype and now we're here

Yep

If Illias's manager wasnt the host of 360 then nothing gets said about it and Lussick likley gets a week

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Kurtis Morrin (Canterbury)
  • PLEA: Guilty - early plea. $1800
Shaun Lane (Parramatta)
  • PLEA: Guilty - early plea. $1500
Ryan Matterson (Parramatta)
Isaiah Papali'i (Wests Tigers)
  • PLEA: Gulty - early plea. 1 match suspension
Jackson Hastings (Newcastle)
  • PLEA: Guilty - early plea. $1000
Alex Seyfarth (Wests Tigers)
Daniel Saifiti (Newcastle)
  • PLEA: Guilty - early plea. 1 match suspension
Matt French (South Sydney)
  • PLEA: Guilty - early plea. $1000
Harry Grant (Melbourne)
  • PLEA: Not guilty. Judiciary hearing Tuesday.

Saxon

Bench
Good on Grant for challenging that nonsense. I mean, he will lose and it will cost him an extra $500, but it's nice when players challenge or seek a downgrade.
Glad to hear it.
Penalty fair enough, sin bin was too far for minimal contact. Sin bin AND charge is just farcical.
As noted previously, Harry handled it well on the night - giving the NRL a gobfull was only likely to attract a heavier charge - and now can afford to fight it with no significant risk.

Saxon

Bench
All we want is consistency. (Well, correct decisions and consistency).
But I guarantee all we will get is more of Annesley's embarrassing "Every situation is different" bullshit.
Sure enough.
However I have to be impressed with the smoke and mirrors. Suggesting that the "lack of consistency" we are complaining about is the bunker not being on the same page as the ref. That's David Copperfield level misdirection.

How the bunker combats inconsistency.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
My initial thoughts on the Grant thing are the 10 in the bin was excessive and it still probably was. But I am happy with him being put on report. He has a duty to not come in contact with the kickers legs. and he did not fulfil that duty.
That no one got injured with the Grant incident should be cause to go easy on him or let him off.

Someguy

First Grade
This one in NSW Cup on Friday was worse than any of the NRL ones and maybe even Lussicks'. I think he got 1 week (can't seem to find NSWCup suspensions anywhere) and was sinbinned.

surely more than one week! That is the exact think we are trying to get rid of

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
I just did a google search to see if Harry Grant got off.
Unfortunately all I found was a judiciary result.
Strange, because I was just on SLR’s onlyfans and there’s multiple videos of a massive hunk getting off, and also with Grant, which I hope aren’t deepfakes.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Canberra Raiders v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs​

Josh Papali'i (CAN)
  • Grade 2 Dangerous Contact on Viliame Kikau (40 min)
  • Base Penalty 1 match
  • His options
  • 2 matches - guilty/no contest
  • 1 match - early plea
  • PLEA: TBC
Jordan Rapana (CAN)
  • Grade 1 Dangerous Contact on Reed Mahone (75 min)
  • Base penalty $1000 fine
  • His options
  • $1500 - guilty/no contest
  • $1000 - early plea
Joseph Tapine (CAN)
  • Grade 1 Careless High Tackle on Viliame Kikau (27 min)
  • His options
  • $1000 - early plea

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Brisbane Broncos​

Brendan Piakura (BRI)
  • Grade 1 Careless High Tackle on Corey Waddell (35 min)
  • His options
  • $1000 - early plea

Last edited:

Someguy

First Grade
Im struggling to see why the papali’i is grade 2!? It didn’t look like the dangerous type tackle where they grab the torso and use their weight on legs to bring down the runner.

Saxon

Bench
Rapana hit with a feather again. And less than a week after Annesley told us trips should be treated seriously.

skeepe

Immortal
Im struggling to see why the papali’i is grade 2!? It didn’t look like the dangerous type tackle where they grab the torso and use their weight on legs to bring down the runner.
Meanwhile Kikau did exactly what you describe later in the game on Cotric and wasn’t even penalised.

Rules for some, not for others. For the record I’m not complaining about Papa being charged, more that Kikau wasn’t for what was a textbook hip drop.

The difference is Cotric got up and played the ball while Kikau laid down and cried like a f**king cat.

gerg

Juniors
Rapana hit with a feather again. And less than a week after Annesley told us trips should be treated seriously.
Should have been awarded a knighthood instead. How can it be a trip when he is clearly attempting to kick Mahoney in the guts?