What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Match Review & Judiciary charges

no name

Referee
I mean every single other person watching the game knew it was a penalty and knew Salmon was going to cop a charge. How can they get it so wrong?
Is it about the time and score when the incident happened? Are the refs and bunker gun shy when the pressure is on?
It’s all well and good for Annesley to say they got it wrong (again), but the game needs to know why these bad calls or non calls are getting made and what are they doing to fix it.

Diesel

Referee
Absolute disgrace that the ref, but more so the bunker, did sweet f**k all about the Salmon hit on Te Marie Martin. Some merkins head has to roll over this. These type of calls/nom-calls costs teams places in the 8, club sponsorship, some players or coaches their job for not reaching the 8.
Tomorrow all the Warriors will get is a half arsed apology. A few weeks ago, RTS got binned and Annesley and Bunker said the tackle could have caused injury so that’s why he was binned, but a few days later in Origin the same tackle happened and it was okay ok.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH when millions is spent on the bunker and this isn’t picked up.

im not taking anything away from the Bulldogs or Warriors, this was a contender for the game of the season.

what I don’t understand is these mistakes happen, the NRL brush it off and the same officials are swapped with the bunker or on field the following week. No one appears to be accountable.

Last edited:

gerg

Juniors
I mean every single other person watching the game knew it was a penalty and knew Salmon was going to cop a charge. How can they get it so wrong?
Is it about the time and score when the incident happened? Are the refs and bunker gun shy when the pressure is on?
It’s all well and good for Annesley to say they got it wrong (again), but the game needs to know why these bad calls or non calls are getting made and what are they doing to fix it.
As soon as the field goal shoot out starts the whistle gets put away. They don't want the criticism of being perceived to have determined a match with a penalty, even if it's a correct call. And you know who's fault that is? Channel 9. They would piss and moan about the match being taken out of the hands of the players even when it's the right call.

Saxon

Bench
Lmao...the weak gutted dog looking at 2 matches.....and the ref and bunker couldn't even find a penalty during the match....despite the breakdown in play.

And people wonder why Warriors fans always feel ripped off??
I can understand the ref missing it in real time, but the video ref? The lunatic in the bunker needs to be hung, drawn, quartered and their head on a spike on London Bridge for not penalising that. What's he there for?

Not sure if I have mentioned it before, but I think we need to f**k THE BUNKER OFF.

Meth

Staff member

Yeah, his press conferences are masturbatorial and meaningless, really. There's no transparency where there's no accountability.

Meth

Staff member
In a real world, that's likely the season over for the Warriors. Of course, that's largely on us. We had plenty of chances to get our season on track and we also had plenty of chances to even win that game. But I think we deserved that one and were robbed off a fair chance to win it. The referees are supposed to provide a fair chance and they didn't- so, yeah, at the very least, Gee should be held accountable. lol

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Sunday​

Sydney v St George Illawarra​

Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Sydney)
  • Grade 2 Careless High Tackle on Max Feagai (17 min)
  • Base penalty 2 matches
  • 3rd and subsequent offence last 12 months
  • His options:
    4 matches - guilty / no contest
    3 matches - early plea
  • PLEA: TBC
Michael Jennings (Sydney)
  • Grade 1 Careless High Tackle on Jaydn Su'A (36 min)
  • Base penalty $1500
  • His options:
    $1500 - guilty / no contest
    $1000 - early plea
Jaydn Su'A (St George Illawarra)
  • Grade 1 Careless High Tackle on Michael Jennings (78 min)
  • Base penalty $1500
  • His options:
    $1500 - guilty / no contest
    $1000 - early plea

Canberra v Newcastle​

No players charged

kurt faulk

Coach
For 40 years? Doubt that gets penalised in 1984

My point is the Jennings and su'a hits are worse IMO than the JWH one

Back in the late 70s early 80s players would go in with a swinging arm with clenched first and aim at the shoulder or chest. The arm would naturally move up and hit the player's head. They would always get off on the "my arm hit the shoulder/chest first".

That's why careless and reckless were introduced into the laws. No more excuses like that.