What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Match Review & Judiciary charges

skeepe

Immortal
So every injury should see a charge?

Do you think Tedesco should be charged for his elbow fracturing Rapana's cheekbone and ending his NRL career?

Valheru

Coach
So every injury should see a charge?

Do you think Tedesco should be charged for his elbow fracturing Rapana's cheekbone and ending his NRL career?
Yeah every injury from foul play

Teddy caught the ball in a natural catching position and Rapana tackled him in the air.

Meanwhile Whitehead lands on the back of a leg and ruptures an ACL.

skeepe

Immortal
Yeah every injury from foul play

Teddy caught the ball in a natural catching position and Rapana tackled him in the air.

Meanwhile Whitehead lands on the back of a leg and ruptures an ACL.
Tedesco's elbow impacted Rapana before the tackle. It was foul play, by your very definition.

f**king hypocrite.

skeepe

Immortal
I've said all along I don't think Tedesco should be charged, because it was just a rugby league accident. You're the one claiming there's a huge distinction between the rugby league accident of Tedesco on Rapana, and the rugby league accident of Whitehead on Smith.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I'm just answering a question.

You might be happy with hip drops leading to ruptured ACLs as apparently everyone else on LU is but I'm not.

But yeah Robbo telling him to f**k off is the real issue here.
It was a tackle. 99% of "hip drops" aren't a real thing.
The rule was brought in to stop players dropping after the ball runners momentum was stopped, normally by multiple players

Valheru

Coach
It was a tackle. 99% of "hip drops" aren't a real thing.
The rule was brought in to stop players dropping after the ball runners momentum was stopped, normally by multiple players
He landed on the back of his leg. I don't care if it fits under whatever definition of a hip drop they want to come up with because as you say, it's made up.

You can't land on the back of someone's leg, this is the exact injury this rule was brought in for. I'm not saying he meant to hurt him and I don't even think a big suspension is necessary, it certainly deserves a charge though.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
He landed on the back of his leg. I don't care if it fits under whatever definition of a hip drop they want to come up with because as you say, it's made up.

You can't land on the back of someone's leg, this is the exact injury this rule was brought in for. I'm not saying he meant to hurt him and I don't even think a big suspension is necessary, it certainly deserves a charge though.
f**k no it's rugby league. Haas took Nathan out with a similar one in the GF. It's part of the game

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Sunday​

Newcastle v Gold Coast​

No players charged

Sydney v Canberra​

Angus Crichton (Sydney)
Grade 1 Careless High Tackle on Morgan Smithies (32 min)
Base penalty $1500
Early guilty plea = $1000
Guilty at panel = $1500
PLEA: TBC

Elliott Whitehead (Canberra)

Grade 3 Dangerous Contact on Brandon Smith (38 min)
Base penalty 3 matches
2nd offence
Early guilty plea = 3 matches
Guilty at panel = 4 matches

Grade 1 Contrary Conduct on Angus Crichton (63 min)
Base penalty $1500
2nd Offence
Early guilty plea = $1800
Guilty at panel = $2500

Grade 1 Dangerous Contact (trip) on James Tedesco (80 min)
Base penalty $1500
2nd Offence
Early guilty plea = $1800
Guilty at panel = $2500

Valheru

Coach
3 charges and and the one where he ruptured a blokes ACL is 4 weeks.

That can't be right, he is a good bloke whose character is getting assassinated and it's just a rugby league tackle.

Latest posts