What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Match Review & Judiciary charges

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Haha of course, because its against the Roosters and poor Robinson has an injured player, even though he was already injured.

skeepe

Immortal
I seriously can't get over how stupid the MRC are. It shouldn't have even been a penalty, and they're going to give him a 3 match ban?

While Tedesco is free to lead with his elbow and fracture Rapana's cheekbone?

the National Rooster League strikes again.

I bet if it was JWH who'd performed a hip drop tackle, resulting in an major injury, the same people defending Whitehead would be calling for the league equivalent of the death penalty for JWH. The hypocrisy from some people is rank.

Valheru

Coach
I seriously can't get over how stupid the MRC are. It shouldn't have even been a penalty, and they're going to give him a 3 match ban?

While Tedesco is free to lead with his elbow and fracture Rapana's cheekbone?

the National Rooster League strikes again.
Look if you keep saying it, you might convince yourself it's true

Valheru

Coach
I bet if it was JWH who'd performed a hip drop tackle, resulting in an major injury, the same people defending Whitehead would be calling for the league equivalent of the death penalty for JWH. The hypocrisy from some people is rank.
Oh don't worry... JWH who wasn't playing yesterday and had nothing to do with either the on or off field incident has been widely discussed for some unknown reason so I could only imagine what would happen if it were him.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Admittedly Ive only seen it once, but it didnt look like a hip drop to me, he sort of got flung around by the momentum of the tackle and landed awkwardly on Smith. Very similar to Holmes on Papalli which broke his ankle. Of course Holmes wasnt charged, as that was only on a Tiger. Very different when its on a high profile player/team though.

yobbo84

Coach
Oh, rain, rain, rain, rain
A storm it comes our way
And those who rise through distorted lies
Poison in the veins
But we like to point the blame, blame, blame, blame
It's easier to blame
But point the mirror at ourselves
We're all part of this old money game

dogslife

Coach
Oh don't worry... JWH who wasn't playing yesterday and had nothing to do with either the on or off field incident has been widely discussed for some unknown reason so I could only imagine what would happen if it were him.
He couldn't have.

He wasn't allowed to play because he keeps treating his opponents heads like speed balls. Something Robbo overlooked when he went into bat for him.

yobbo84

Coach
Grade 3 is a direct result of the announcement that Brandon Smith has done his ACL.

If you don't believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.

Valheru

Coach
Grade 3 is a direct result of the announcement that Brandon Smith has done his ACL.

If you don't believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.
I definitely agree that's the case

Probably a fine if no injury and in between if a minor injury

yobbo84

Coach
The NRL have stated a number of times previously that any resulting injury does play a role in charges by the MRC and the grading.
Which is fine and dandy when it's foul play. If you break a bloke's jaw with a swinging arm you should get longer than if it's just a bruise.

But Whitehead's tackle was a total accident and we're going down the path of having to blame someone for every accident, which is stupid.

I'd be perfectly happy if Whitehead got nothing for the tackle, but 2 weeks for trying to kick Angus Crichton, which there is no excuse for.