What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2024 Membership

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
At 19 Apr. Sourced from club tallies on websites + news articles.

TeamMembers
Brisbane53,672
Canberra21,084
Canterbury-
Cronulla16,000
Dolphins30,000
Gold Coast-
Manly-
Melbourne20,000
Newcastle29,451
North Qld18,280
Parramatta-
Penrith21,932
Souths29,445
St Geo Illa20,803
Sydney20,386
Warriors-
Wests Tigers8,516
TOTAL (12 clubs)289,569
With some conservative estimates for the other five clubs...

Canterbury 15k
Gold Coast 10k
Manly 13k
Parra 30k
Warriors 15k

Puts us around 372k. Could arguably add another 5-10k minimum to Storm, as that 20k figure is months old. So 380k at a minimum?

High watermark total memberships for the NRL when full clubs reported was 332k back in 2018, so we're well clear of that even on what I think are fairly reserved estimates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perth Red

Post Whore

Canterbury 15k
Gold Coast 10k
Manly 13k
Parra 20k
Warriors 15k

Puts us around 372k. Could arguably add another 5-10k minimum to Storm, as that 20k figure is months old. So 380k at a minimum?

High watermark total memberships for the NRL when full clubs reported was 332k back in 2018, so we're well clear of that even on what I think are fairly reserved estimates.
You simply cant compare data points anymore, membership numbers are now so fudged that trying to compare them to previous years (when we have no idea what was being reported) is pointless.

Timmah

Staff member
You simply cant compare data points anymore, membership numbers are now so fudged that trying to compare them to previous years (when we have no idea what was being reported) is pointless.
People are free to compare and extrapolate data as they see fit. You can tell anyone you want this - but if people still want to add them up, make estimations, tabulate them, they're allowed to. Your point of view is well known, move on.

Perth Red

Post Whore
People are free to compare and extrapolate data as they see fit. You can tell anyone you want this - but if people still want to add them up, make estimations, tabulate them, they're allowed to. Your point of view is well known, move on.
ok, I should have phrased it - its a pointless exercise comparing years in regards to membership numbers as the data is not comparable. But yeh you got for it mate if you want to waste your time doing so.

Timmah

Staff member
ok, I should have phrased it - its a pointless exercise comparing years in regards to membership numbers as the data is not comparable. But yeh you got for it mate if you want to waste your time doing so.
You're the one wasting your time in this thread trying to dictate what statistics or numbers people do or don't take the time to put together. Perhaps you need to stop doing that?

Perth Red

Post Whore
You're the one wasting your time in this thread trying to dictate what statistics or numbers people do or don't take the time to put together. Perhaps you need to stop doing that?
Im not question people putting stats together, Im saying that then using said stats that have zero inter-reliability to them due to what has happened with membership sales strategies is pointless, but like I said if you want to waste your time go for it.

Pleb

Juniors
Im not question people putting stats together, Im saying that then using said stats that have zero inter-reliability to them due to what has happened with membership sales strategies is pointless, but like I said if you want to waste your time go for it.
Fk up

Timmah

Staff member
Then f**k off and find another thread to bitch in.

BlueandGold

Juniors

Canterbury 15k
Gold Coast 10k
Manly 13k
Parra 20k
Warriors 15k

Parra 20k, a drop of 15k.

Come on man, what is this. hahaha

The_Wookie

Bench

We can only report the data that is, not the data you wish it could be.

The_Wookie

Bench

Canterbury 15k
Gold Coast 10k
Manly 13k
Parra 30k
Warriors 15k

last year reached 382,000 - only data I dont have is New Zealand. So probably cleared 400,000.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Then f**k off and find another thread to bitch in.
No thanks, I’ll keep reminding people want a Pointless exercise reporting on ‘membership’ numbers is And how meaningless it is to use it as any sort of measurement Of the games growth the way it is currently reported. It’s a dirty job but someone has to do it.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
No thanks, I’ll keep reminding people want a Pointless exercise reporting on ‘membership’ numbers is And how meaningless it is to use it as any sort of measurement Of the games growth the way it is currently reported. It’s a dirty job but someone has to do it.
We aren't doing anything differently to our main competitor when it comes to membership counting and they get all sorts of positive media stories out of the numbers, so for that reason alone it is worth continuing. In the not too distant future you want stories in the news like...

Broncos hit 100k memberships. Storm pass 50k members in Melbourne etc...

We all know it's a little BS, but so are the TV ratings estimates. Hell, I am counted twice in the Broncos membership because I have one four game and one single game membership (different membership numbers, same person).

It is though, a genuine revenue source for clubs from active fans and as I said earlier good numbers for easy puff pieces pumping up the tyres of the game.

Nutz

Bench
I think it was a good thing that Richo disclosed the "real" Wests Tigers' membership numbers. Important to have transparency.
WT's membership packs are pretty useless except for a groovy scarf.
The trouble is I only need one. What do I do with the rest?
Atm I couldn't give away WT stuff ;)
Seriously though, if they continue to do this, it will be cra....azee!

Vlad59

Juniors
So your agenda is to remorselessly bore us with your innate negativity? Whodathunk?

Latest posts