What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin I - Wed 5 Jun - NSW 10-38 QLD @ Accor

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Queensland

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Men's State of Origin 2024 - Game I
New South Wales v Queensland
Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park / Wanngal (TICKETS)

Wednesday 5 June 2024
Origin I kickoff 8:05pm

Broadcast live on Nine and 9Now.
5:30pm - Gates open
6pm - NSW Rise Boys Group 9 North v Group 9 South

NSW2024.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Brian To'o 3. Stephen Crichton 4. Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii 5. Zac Lomax
6. Jarome Luai 7. Nicho Hynes
8. Jake Trbojevic 9. Reece Robson 10. Payne Haas
11. Liam Martin 12. Angus Crichton
13. Cameron McInnes

14. Isaah Yeo 15. Haumole Olakau'atu 16. Spencer Leniu 17. Hudson Young
18. Matt Burton 19. Luke Keary 20. Mitchell Barnett

Dylan Edwards originally selected at fullback, withdrew due to injury on Sunday 2 June

QUEENSLAND2024.png

1. Reece Walsh 2. Xavier Coates 3. Valentine Holmes 4. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 5. Murray Taulagi
6. Tom Dearden 7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Reuben Cotter 9. Ben Hunt 10. Lindsay Collins
11. Jaydn Su’a 12. Jeremiah Nanai
13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Harry Grant 15. Moeaki Fotuaika 16. Jmaine Hopgood 17. Selwyn Cobbo
18. Felise Kaufusi 19. Brendan Piakura 20. Ezra Mam

A-REF-W-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: Dave Munro, Chris Sutton
Video Referee: Liam Kennedy

HEAD TO HEAD - 1980 - 2023​

TOTALNSWQLDDRAWN
ALL MATCHES12958692
ACCOR3020100

LAST FIVE MEETINGS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
2022Round 2NSW 44-12Optus Stadium59358
2022Round 3QLD 22-12Suncorp52385
2023Round 1QLD 26-18Adelaide48613
2023Round 2QLD 32-6Suncorp52433
2023Round 3NSW 24-10Accor75342

BIGGEST WINS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
2015Round 3QLD 52-6Suncorp52500
2021Round 1NSW 50-6QLD C. Bank27533

Last edited:

Panther Pete

Juniors
Just looking at the QLD team and I hope Madge has something special up his sleeve because they have named a very good looking side.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
NSW have named a form team with players itching for their chance. When you can afford to have a players like Yeo on the bench and Api out altogether you know you've got a good team.

Hard to see a way to victory here against a hostile crowd and with multiple players out of action. Going to have to dig deep.

Going to be really interesting to see Madge’s tactics.

If NSW want a chance to win the series then they have to win their home game.

Would’ve been happier to see Barnett on the bench than as a reserve. Don’t know why Madge has picked so many back rowers.

I don’t think Madge should risk Hynes with his calf issue.

I’d go Luai at half and Burton at 5/8 to be honest.

Last edited:

_snafu_

Immortal
NSW have named a form team with players itching for their chance. When you can afford to have a players like Yeo on the bench and Api out altogether you know you've got a good team.

Hard to see a way to victory here against a hostile crowd and with multiple players out of action. Going to have to dig deep.

Adversity!

Going to be really interesting to see Madge’s tactics.

If NSW want a chance to win the series then they have to win their home game.

Would’ve been happier to see Barnett on the bench that as a reserve. Don’t know why Madge has picked so many back rowers.

I don’t think Madge should risk Hynes with his calf issue.

I’d go Luai at half and Burton at 5/8 to be honest.

Criticises NSW having too many back rowers on the bench, but then says wants a different back rower there, who's in the extended squad, instead :confused:

Personally I would not have Burton in at five eight for NSW. I don't think he's that good of a five eight, and his game style is too similar to Luai's.

Criticises NSW having too many back rowers on the bench, but then says wants a different back rower there, who's in the extended squad, instead :confused:

Personally I would not have Burton in at five eight for NSW. I don't think he's that good of a five eight, and his game style is too similar to Luai's.

Barnett can play prop not just back row.

We are not going to find the “ideal” halves pairing with the chin out.

Love Nicho but I think with his calf issue it’s a huge risk.

Also I think the QLD bench is very light on forward power if that’s what Slater rolls with.

Cobbo can cover the backline but he’s a real luxury on the bench.

I see how it all works in a perfect game. But if QLD lose a forward or two too HIA or injury they’re in a world of hurt with their forward back up.

Wb1234

Referee
Nsw love their random selections which they will undo in game two with another set of weird selections

no korisau or cook. Hopefully Nicho is ruled out and they pick keary

Barnett can play prop not just back row.

We are not going to find the “ideal” halves pairing with the chin out.

Love Nicho but I think with his calf issue it’s a huge risk.

This is what Maguire has said about Hynes' injury -

“I've got some really good staff with me and they're in continuous communication with the Sharks staff," Maguire said.

"He had a scan yesterday and it looks really good. There's no further damage.

“Obviously I'll talk to the staff over the next couple of days and work out how to go about his training, but the conversation I had with him yesterday – he was extremely excited about the fact that he was in the team, which was a pretty special phone call in itself, and he is ready to go.

“I reckon he'll hit the ground running on day one is, that’s what we're working towards. We're really confident with where he's at, that he'll be able to train from day one."

(Source: https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/01/01/nrl-casualty-ward-latest-injury-news-return-dates-and-details/)

JamesRustle

First Grade

I hope to see the hand grenade and tenpin bowling try celebrations come out when as our lead hits and exceeds 30.

I think QLD are really going to miss Tino, Flegler and Munster.

NSW are good value playing at home.

Last edited: