What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin I - Wed 5 Jun - NSW 10-38 QLD @ Accor

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Queensland

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazal

Post Whore
This sort of change would just encourage players to take out playmakers.

For some reason the Sydney fan base has just concentrated on the impact on NSW, ignoring that the team affected by the foul play.

No they haven't. Classic QLD lack of thought.

Suaalii deserved to be sent off, but no one except the very silly will argue that it's not also valid to say a send off like that ruins a three match rep series 8 mins in. As a product, that might not be acceptable. So what changes can be made?

Origin is a product. The sooner QLD understands that the sooner it stops sliding to it's death

Wb1234

Immortal
He’s right

like ellery Hanley got taken out by lamb in the 88 grand final

and don’t think for a minute coaches wouldn’t use a utility player to take out a star from the other side and cop a potential send off but more likely a bin

mozza91

Coach
Queensland win by 30 and have a way better team. Almost certain to win 3 series in a row but they’ve still got that inferiority complex.

borisdog

Juniors
No they haven't. Classic QLD lack of thought.

Suaalii deserved to be sent off, but no one except the very silly will argue that it's not also valid to say a send off like that ruins a three match rep series 8 mins in. As a product, that might not be acceptable. So what changes can be made?

Origin is a product. The sooner QLD understands that the sooner it stops sliding to it's death
Sooooooo,

A NSW player commits a send off offence In an Origin game. That has the potential to cause serious injury.

The Ref,rightly, sends the numpty off.

And it’s QLDs fault that origin is “sliding to its’ death” because QLD can’t accept that dangerous tackles need to be treated more leniently cos “ruins series”

Riiiiiight.

Sounds very much like the way the World’s heading.

It’s the victims fault cos they asked for it.

Bazal

Post Whore
Sooooooo,

A NSW player commits a send off offence In an Origin game. That has the potential to cause serious injury.

The Ref,rightly, sends the numpty off.

And it’s QLDs fault that origin is “sliding to its’ death” because QLD can’t accept that dangerous tackles need to be treated more leniently cos “ruins series”

Riiiiiight.

Sounds very much like the way the World’s heading.

It’s the victims fault cos they asked for it.

Again, classic QLD mentality. Everything is you vs us. Super dumb. Also guaranteed the whining from the north would be about laughable conspiracies if the send off had been a maroon one.

I don't think tackles like that should be treated more leniently by the way. It's up to you to take a step back and separate that from managing the impact on an Origin series as a whole. After all, it's a product that's meant to be ThE pInNaClE oF rUgBa LoIg why do we allow it to be so heavily impacted by one single play.

No skin off my nose if it dies. I'd trade the entire existence and history of Origin to see Parra win one more premiership

borisdog

Juniors
Again, classic QLD mentality. Everything is you vs us. Super dumb. Also guaranteed the whining from the north would be about laughable conspiracies if the send off had been a maroon one.

I don't think tackles like that should be treated more leniently by the way. It's up to you to take a step back and separate that from managing the impact on an Origin series as a whole. After all, it's a product that's meant to be ThE pInNaClE oF rUgBa LoIg why do we allow it to be so heavily impacted by one single play.

No skin off my nose if it dies. I'd trade the entire existence and history of Origin to see Parra win one more premiership
My opinion wouldn’t change an iota if the boot was on the other foot.

For the record I’m from WA.

It’s nothing but hyperbole to claim something like this send off will kill SOO.

Sounds like typical NSW sour grapes trying to blame QLD for the gross ill discipline of one of their players, one who has already shown no loyalty to the game and would never have been considered for selection if I was a selector.

I can do hyperbole too. 😁

Bazal

Post Whore
My opinion wouldn’t change an iota if the boot was on the other foot.

For the record I’m from WA.

It’s nothing but hyperbole to claim something like this send off will kill SOO.

Sounds like typical NSW sour grapes trying to blame QLD for the gross ill discipline of one of their players, one who has already shown no loyalty to the game and would never have been considered for selection if I was a selector.

I can do hyperbole too. 😁

You can also do making shit up.

I've never said this send off will kill Origin. It's already dying. Look at a game from the 90s vs now, and look at this game even. It was a shit club game in a Wednesday.

So what do you think happens when interest in the series crashes after a game like that?

Anyway, I'm not here to argue. I'm certainly not saying the send off wasn't warranted, but I also think it's valid to say that it will have a massive impact in the series and look at ways to soften that in future.

Saxon

Bench
A simpler solution could be that the player gets sent and they’re a player short for 10 minutes. After that an interchange player comes on making it 13 V 13 again, but now they only have 3 players on the bench.
That's basically what Union do (20 minutes I think) but it doesn't account for the likelihood of it being a meathead who takes out a star player.
As a general rule, losing your fullback is way worse than losing a centre or second rower. For this to be fair, the loss of a player should punish the offending team at least as much as the team that was fouled losing theirs.

SBD82

Coach
You can also do making shit up.

I've never said this send off will kill Origin. It's already dying. Look at a game from the 90s vs now, and look at this game even. It was a shit club game in a Wednesday.

So what do you think happens when interest in the series crashes after a game like that?

Anyway, I'm not here to argue. I'm certainly not saying the send off wasn't warranted, but I also think it's valid to say that it will have a massive impact in the series and look at ways to soften that in future.
I don’t think it negatively impacts the series at all.

Tough game for the blues, sure. But there is now massive hype for game two, and a great storyline to peddle for the series. If NSW comes back to win they overcome adversity. If QLD win they are the good guys who won despite NSW’s dirty tactics.

People forget a narrow win pretty fast. No one is forgetting game 1 2024. Origin is built on this shit.

johnny plath

Juniors
This sort of change would just encourage players to take out playmakers.

For some reason the Sydney fan base has just concentrated on the impact on NSW, ignoring that the team affected by the foul play.
Jack hetherington will play first game of every origin series till he retires under this rule

Eelctrifying

Juniors
Thankfully I don't bet on footy. Can't imagine how much cash was lost as soon as that send off happened. I guess gambling never pays hahaha

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
NSW would like to entrench a system that allows their players to take out the key man opposite.

These guys are f**king cooked and it’s no surprise their rep team is considered a complete joke.
I love the sooking as if they were going to win if they had 13 men. They've won 2 of the last 7 games and 4 of the last 18 series 🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts