What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R1 Fri - Warriors 12-16 Cronulla @ Go Media

Round 1: Warriors v Cronulla

• Warriors

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Download or read 'The Front Row' match programme HERE

NRL 2024 - Round 1
Warriors v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Go Media Stadium, Penrose / Aotearoa (TICKETS)

Friday 8 March 2024
NRL kickoff 8pm NZT / 6pm AEDT.

Broadcast live in Australia on Fox League & Kayo Sports.

MATCH PREVIEW

WARRIORS2024.png

1. Taine Tuaupiki 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Rocco Berry 4. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Luke Metcalf 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Wayde Egan 10. Mitchell Barnett 11. Jackson Ford 12. Kurt Capewell 13. Tohu Harris 14. Freddy Lussick 15. Tom Ale 16. Bunty Afoa 17. Dylan Walker 18. Adam Pompey 20. Jazz Tevaga 21. Te Maire Martin 22. Ali Leiataua 23. Jacob Laban

CRONULLA2024.png

1. William Kennedy 2. Sione Katoa 3. Jesse Ramien 4. Siosifa Talakai 5. Ronaldo Mulitalo 6. Braydon Trindall 7. Nicho Hynes 8. Oregon Kaufusi 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Royce Hunt 11. Briton Nikora 12. Teig Wilton 13. Cameron McInnes 14. Dale Finucane 15. Jack Williams 16. Toby Rudolf 17. Thomas Hazelton 18. Kayal Iro 19. Tuku Hau Tapuha 20. Daniel Atkinson 21. Mawene Hiroti 22. Jayden Berrell

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Peter Gough
Sideline Officials: Belinda Sharpe, Paki Parkinson
Video Referee: Matt Noyen

---

H2H since 1995: 48 matches, Cronulla 28 Warriors 20
Go Media: 19 matches, Warriors 10 Cronulla 9
Last met: 2023 Round 20 - Warriors 44-12, Go Media

Biggest wins:
Cronulla 45-4 (2012, R22 at Mt Smart)
Warriors 44-12 (2023, R20 at Go Media)

Next game:
Warriors: (A) v Melbourne R2 (AAMI)
Cronulla: (H) v Canterbury R2 (Pointsbet)​

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
You would think warriors if they have any realistic chance to build on last year.

Sharks are solid though so I expect a tighter contest than most.

Warriors by 6.

Most interested in seeing how Niukore gets used. Webby's comments after the last trial suggest a bench role and alternating middle and edge.

sup42

Juniors
Tough game to pick.

Warriors often come out clunky and Rusty, no CNK at fullback, I have the Sharks winning based off a junior fullback Taine Tuaupiki getting exposed by the Sharks slick edge plays.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Interesting to see how the Wahs go this season, did they overachieve last year?? Will they do a Cows and take a big step back?? Or can they contend for the title?? I think they will win this one well.

MrBlack

Juniors
This is the best time for the Sharks to play the Warriors.

"Technically" the Wahs are not in the 8 so the Sharks are a chance.

Warriors need to show last year was not a one off. Will be interesting to see how they go.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Interesting to see how the Wahs go this season, did they overachieve last year?? Will they do a Cows and take a big step back?? Or can they contend for the title?? I think they will win this one well.
I left them out of my top 8.

Think they will slide with a tougher draw this year. And not sure if Johnson can repeat his 2023 season.

But in saying that I couldn't fit 14 teams into my top 8. As most sides bar the bottom 3 are all pretty equal and can make claims to make the 8.

So it wouldn't surprise me if they did make it. Especially with that home ground and crowd being sold out most week now. It's going to be a tough trip to Mt Smart to get the 2 points.

The Wahs history though is a bit like Parra the more expectations they have the more they fold like a wet lettuce.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
hopefully a healthy metcalf for the season will keep the wahs up towards the top. might be a few more gaps around the ruck without curran doing the dirty work