What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R1 Sat - Gold Coast 4-28 St Geo Illa @ Cbus Super

Round 1: Gold Coast v St Geo Illa

• Gold Coast Titans

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazal

Post Whore
Tino talking about how sad he is to lose on Fox

0d1a71fc48fde7bfe84b49fec4720e27.gif

Apey

Staff member
Titans were my tip for the spoon this year after looking at the squads. I feel like Dragons, Dogs and Tigers should all improve this year but I can't see where the Titans do? Dogs will still give anyone a run for their money in the disappointment stakes though.

Anyway that was a nice result for me, only 1 other person across 2 tipping comps went Dragons.

Valheru

Coach
I'm not surprised on two accounts.

I expect more of that from the dragons this year. I rate Flanno and he will the players organized and enthusiastic every week. Don't think the talent is there to make the 8 but they will be competitive all season.

Then there is the titians. They are the same tier of organisation as Newcastle and warriors. None them do well with expectation and are constant disappointments.

Wizardman

First Grade
Titans were my tip for the spoon this year after looking at the squads. I feel like Dragons, Dogs and Tigers should all improve this year but I can't see where the Titans do? Dogs will still give anyone a run for their money in the disappointment stakes though.

Anyway that was a nice result for me, only 1 other person across 2 tipping comps went Dragons.
They will get better at scoring points than tonight. Points have never been a real issue for them. I will qualify that by saying that could well change as the halves tonight simply had nothing.....and Foran is a pretty good bet to miss some periods of footy this year.

On the other hand, defence has been their problem for a large part of their history.

Yeah it’s the colour scheme that makes them suck.
The poor colour scheme has no impact on results, but it is symbolic of the club's disastrous management.

They could go with a design like the Crushers, with gold on one-third of the jersey, and the two blues or blue and white alternating in stripes on the rest of it.