What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R11 MAGIC Sat - Gold Coast 24-28 Newcastle @ Suncorp

Round 11: Gold Coast v Newcastle

• Gold Coast Titans

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Newcastle Knights

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
Meh the pass off the ground seemed ok to me and the drop ball is one of those ones where it's probably gone back but is pretty inconsistently called forward. I was fine with both those.

The penalty that the ref went back to was pissweak and not the first time we've got done by a "late" tackle like that one.

Hetherington could have been binned for sure, they're inconsistent with that, I've seen worse not binned and less binned.

If anyone actually bothers to rewatch the Kelly no-try after they've slept on it and the emotion of the contest is over, the knock-on is pretty clear, not that I expect anyone is going to admit to being wrong.

If Des is expecting an apology on Monday he's going to be very disappointed because it ain't coming.

This Year?

Immortal
I thought there was separation before Kelly got it down.
If the Titans ever become a 60 minute team and don't score all their tries 1 metre from touch then they might win more games.
I think they done well considering their outs.
Knights are winning ugly but they have struck gold with Armstrong.

I thought there was separation before Kelly got it down.
If the Titans ever become a 60 minute team and don't score all their tries 1 metre from touch then they might win more games.
I think they done well considering their outs.
Knights are winning ugly but they have struck gold with Armstrong.
The problem is there seems to be quite the consistency now that we get f**ked by these decisions every single week in the dying moments of games. Like, we're ALWAYS on the f**ked end of them. It's funny, Schoupp was about to take the conversion and then these f**ksticks decide to pull it back??? f**k off. It was sent up as a try, so unless you show me conclusive evidence that Kelly lost it then that decision stands.

Graham Annersley can go suck a bag of dicks as far as I'm concerned. Can't stand that gutless fraud.

Oh yeah and given the personnel we had out, I'm super proud of the effort from our boys, kept trying till the very end. Des has something going here, and I'm excited for it.

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
The knock on was 50/50 and from the angles shown you can’t definitively see separation. It went up a try and should’ve stayed a try. We got lucky.

But the most important thing was the result made Michael Ennis really, really unhappy and I think that’s something we can all appreciate.

Titanic

First Grade
Went up as a try, inconclusive evidence to everyone except the Bunktard and Annesley, so we all miss out on a cliffhanging finish. I am not crying over the loss. The team is starting to show some ticker but we lost that game when our usual suspects dropped balls and generally tried their best to be the Titans of the early rounds. Onwards and upwards.

Latest posts