What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R11 MAGIC Sun - Warriors 22-20 Penrith @ Suncorp

Round 11: Warriors v Penrith

• Warriors

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grapple

Bench
Atkins playing a large advantage for inside 10 meters. Penrith probably deserve a couple more bad calls for inside 10.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If I was a Cows or Bunnies fan I’d be f**king embarrassed watching the Warriors put up a decent fight against the premiers with basically a NSW cup team

chrisD

Coach
Nice stuff, getting it done in third gear in a nothing game as the premier team should. Some good ball jarring defence from the Warriors.

Grapple

Bench
What a weird game?

Warriors really getting the "lets keep it a close game it's magic round feel" Penrith have definitely been average

skeepe

Immortal
Is a penalty for a deliberate knock on not a thing any more?
The deliberate knock forward offense in rugby league is related to tapping the ball forward and then catching it to gain an advantage eg. batting it up in the air and over a defender, running past and catching it again.

It’s never been applied to attempted intercepts - or even just hanging an arm out to stop the ball - as far as I’m aware.

MRN

Juniors
Not in this sport…
Yeah, haven't people been to the bin for this in the NRL? Alamoti never even looked close to trying to catch that
The deliberate knock forward offense in rugby league is related to tapping the ball forward and then catching it to gain an advantage eg. batting it up in the air and over a defender, running past and catching it again.

It’s never been applied to attempted intercepts - or even just hanging an arm out to stop the ball - as far as I’m aware.
Well I just looked it up. And @skeepe has the correct interpretation. Annesley did a video for the 2024 interpretation. So apparently deliberately slapping it down to break down play is ok.

Latest posts