What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Head Of Recruitment

Como Connection

First Grade
I'm still hopeful of Dragons snaring Peter O'Sullivan
The offer is apparently substantial.
With us he's more likely to shine in his own right
At souths Bennet would get all the credit
He's an Ex Dragon lower grade player and coach, with apparent 'close links' to Flanno.
His son Sean O'Sullivan is a decent half with more 1st grade opportunity at Dragons???? (Perhaps)
Probably wishful thinking .....
Plus brother Kevin plays golf at Beverley Park and lives in Park Road opposite the 14th tee.
CC

TheRev

First Grade
After somehow letting an origin player going in Lomax, and missing out on a 19yr old Blaize.. its hard to process just how much help we need with recruitment.. tbh I'd be surprised if PoS doesnt choose the much easier souths gig instead.. but hopefully we can pull something off..

Gardenia

Juniors
Guys Guys, look listen I want POS to come to us as much as the rest of you. But you have to be ready for the possibility that Wayne B will get him. I just hope he doesn't want him.

So the question is who is the plan B? Surely POS isn't the only recruitment guru.

Parko1310

Juniors
geez Tigers planning to offer 8/900 on Stefano... comforting to know another team is struggling more than us in recruitment, huge overs on potential that
That probably prices us out of it really. If he's going to take less to go somewhere (which I think is a decent chance), it'd probably be the roosters or storm. Still, we have the chance to throw our hat in the ring and sell a vision, so we should still go hard for him. O'Suillivan helps in recruitment with this side of things as well. I genuinely think the Dragons are about a good signing in the front row and a good signing at hooker away from being very competitive. I think we're a half + maybe another quality prop on top of this away from being a top team. We're not all that far off, especially considering the young talent we have that can come in alongside these ready-made players. Just depends if we can make players see that we're not that far off. That seems to be a challenge at the moment

st.phil

Bench
That probably prices us out of it really. If he's going to take less to go somewhere (which I think is a decent chance), it'd probably be the roosters or storm. Still, we have the chance to throw our hat in the ring and sell a vision, so we should still go hard for him. O'Suillivan helps in recruitment with this side of things as well. I genuinely think the Dragons are about a good signing in the front row and a good signing at hooker away from being very competitive. I think we're a half + maybe another quality prop on top of this away from being a top team. We're not all that far off, especially considering the young talent we have that can come in alongside these ready-made players. Just depends if we can make players see that we're not that far off. That seems to be a challenge at the moment
Totally - still has that looks like tarzan / plays like Jane vibe. Panthers will toughen him up if he ends up there but thats NAS level cash

Dragon David

First Grade
geez Tigers planning to offer 8/900 on Stefano... comforting to know another team is struggling more than us in recruitment, huge overs on potential that
He is not worth that sort of coin. He is decent enough though but not worth that amount in my opinion but possibly close to it.

Gone are the days when the good forwards were not much more than $400-$500K per year, but I suppose nowadays their worth is higher as they have become essential to help monopolise a game.

We do need a couple to dominate and we were after AFB and would have offered him big money so whoever they are chasing, if in fact they still are and if PO'S will be in charge of Recruitment, then I'd be happy if we outlaid something around the $750 - $800K p.a. mark for a couple of big boppers.