What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R13 Sat - Dolphins 25-26* Canberra @ Kayo

Round 13: Dolphins v Canberra

• Dolphins

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
Hahahaha Wayne is off his meds.

He actually wanted a penalty for Trai Fuller headbutting Tapine’s knee

skeepe

Immortal
lol. Bennett whinges that the penalty count was 6-2 to the Raiders, without mentioning the set restart count was 5-1 to the Dolphins.

skeepe

Immortal
By the way, where are the Tapine hating Newcastle fans?

64 minutes, 202 metres, 4 tackle breaks, a line break assist, 50 tackles and a key charge down.

What a f**king superstar.

Last edited:
Hahahaha Wayne is off his meds.

He actually wanted a penalty for Trai Fuller headbutting Tapine’s knee
That was just an accident. I thought the head contact on Farnsworth warranted a penalty. There wasn't much in it, but he did make contact with the head and it led to Farnsworth being taken off the field.

Apey

Staff member
By the way, where are the Tapine hating Newcastle fans?

64 minutes, 202 metres, 4 tackle breaks, a line break assist, 50 tackles and a key charge down.

What a f**king superstar.
There's literally only one of them babe.

This Year?

Immortal
What a magnificent week for rugby league. The most vocal depressed fanbases have all got a win this week.
I'm off to polish my trophy for the 3rd time tonight.

nick87

Coach
Farnsworth play acting led to him being taken off the field.
Spot on
If you lay down in tackles for high contact you run the risk of an independent doctor taking you seriously

the raiders do it all the time too so I’m not even upset about laying down… but there are two edges to that sword

If I were a coach I’d be pretty straight with players saying laying down for one penalty is not worth the hia risk unless it’s in the final minutes of a game and the penalty would impact the scoreboard directly

blocka

Juniors
Spot on
If you lay down in tackles for high contact you run the risk of an independent doctor taking you seriously

the raiders do it all the time too so I’m not even upset about laying down… but there are two edges to that sword

If I were a coach I’d be pretty straight with players saying laying down for one penalty is not worth the hia risk unless it’s in the final minutes of a game and the penalty would impact the scoreboard directly
The argument is though, if one is collected in the head enough that the independent doctor believes it’s HIA assessment worthy surely that forceful contact and foul play worthy of minimum penalty

blocka

Juniors
Maybe you could go back to the Dragons since they won this week?
Nah, can’t go back. Only ever on the Dragons because I was a Steelers kid, but Dragons barely represent any form of them aside from playing at Win occasionally

nick87

Coach
The argument is though, if one is collected in the head enough that the independent doctor believes it’s HIA assessment worthy surely that forceful contact and foul play worthy of minimum penalty

The only reason the independent doctor sent him for a HIA was because he was feigning to be hurt, trying to exagerate the force of the contact
The officials make a determination on the force and whether it warrents going on report, in this case they determined, correctly, that it did not

the doctor isnt worried about force or any of that stuff, he's looking at the player and how the player is responding and he's seeing a bloke who shows potential signs of concussion, he's going to take him off to be assessed because the doctor is not going to consider the fact he's faking those signs
Risk and reward.

Latest posts