What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R17 Fri - Canterbury 15-14* Cronulla @ Accor

Round 17: Canterbury v Cronulla

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chrisD

Coach
Talakai sort of ran too far. Put Nicho in an awkward position.
A player of his calibre should have nailed it but it’s pretty funny seeing people laugh as if they’d pot it.
Was he responsible for anything good from the Sharks? Against so so opposition.

Bazal

Post Whore
Talakai sort of ran too far. Put Nicho in an awkward position.
A player of his calibre should have nailed it but it’s pretty funny seeing people laugh as if they’d pot it.

I mean I don't think anyone with a brain thinks any drop goal is a guarantee but that was about as good as you'll get in golden point and a genuine NRL halfback should slot more than he misses.

I think poor Nicho is copping it not just for that miss, but because it's another part of a clear pattern

JamesRustle

First Grade
25 metre pass from dummy half?
The 15 metre pass looked to be Brailey’s limit.
Again, Nicho should have nailed it, but it wasn’t a gimme like people are making out.
PTB was 5m out, Nico gets it 19m out takes a couple of steps and kicks from 17m out... and shanks it under pressure from Mahoney. Stand back another 1-2m and take 1 step to kick under no defensive pressure.. what would I know, though, I'm not a $1m nrl half who trains for this type of scenario.

no name

Coach
I mean I don't think anyone with a brain thinks any drop goal is a guarantee but that was about as good as you'll get in golden point and a genuine NRL halfback should slot more than he misses.

I think poor Nicho is copping it not just for that miss, but because it's another part of a clear pattern
Yeah, fair enough on the pattern of not delivering in pressure situations.
The field goal set up was horrible but.
It’s on Nicho too by sending Talakai back under the play before.
Should have sent him straight ahead then he gets a crack at a better angle.

Valheru

Coach
Bulldogs have no idea in attack but their defence is going to keep them in games all season.

Outside chance of top 4 if cronulla continue to shit the bed but sharks have as easy a draw as you can get from this point with only the cowboys currently in the 8 on their schedule.

Valheru

Coach
PTB was 5m out, Nico gets it 19m out takes a couple of steps and kicks from 17m out... and shanks it under pressure from Mahoney. Stand back another 1-2m and take 1 step to kick under no defensive pressure.. what would I know, though, I'm not a $1m nrl half who trains for this type of scenario.
Soward used to stand a mile back and no team could get any pressure on him at all, the modern halves need to replicate.

no name

Coach
1-2 metres? Could have helped him.
Dunno if the 10 metres mentioned in your previous post would have worked with Brailey not being able to pass that far.

Latest posts