What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R17 Sat - Newcastle 34-26 Parramatta @ McDonald Jones

Round 17: Newcastle v Parramatta

• Newcastle Knights

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
The club has done f**k all for junior pathways except hire Nathan Brown in some non specific role that he left pretty quick. Until that's fixed, we'll be second tier at best because you have to buy depth if nothing else.

Moses kicking up a gear has coincided with Guthos knees falling to pieces, Dylan Brown losing his way, and we haven't got a hooker anyway. Plus Paulo and RCG aging, Sivo and Lane going to complete shit, poor backline purchases...

Panthers fans bitterness is funny though? Cleary is obvs the better player. Moses can do things Cleary can't and for the way Parra play (or should play IMO) I wouldn't trade them, but that doesn't mean Cleary isn't better.

That’s a pretty good summary. Brad Arthur always seemed to be fairly well with recruiting average guys and getting the best out of them I.e Lane, Papalli, Cartwright, Simmonson etc. guess he had to with not much coming through.

I know the eels ball team was good last year, blaize and now Arthur coming through. Lost sanders but there was no path for him. Interesting to see if there’s any more to come.

This Year?

Immortal
I know this is going to sound really petty, but wtf is a halfback doing at centre in a scrum? Yes it was clever and he burnt my friend Dane like a stolen car twice but still..

One of the biggest problems with the Eels is how easy it is to find space on their edges and until they fix it, they wont be winning.