What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R18 Fri - Brisbane 6-14 Penrith @ Suncorp

Round 18: Brisbane v Penrith

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Munky

Coach
Yeah that’s on Edwards. I mean he made a break and all. But then he made the unforgivable mistake of passing to his teammate. Crabbing across field would have been the smart origin option.

In all seriousness he should have taken the tackle.

Penrith were very uncharacteristic in the final ten minutes with the ball.

Pushed the pass too often rather than consolidate field position and kill the clock

GongPanther

Referee
Yeah that’s on Edwards. I mean he made a break and all. But then he made the unforgivable mistake of passing to his teammate. Crabbing across field would have been the smart origin option.
Especially passing it to Alamotti. BTW, credit to Fatty Vaughtin for tipping the Panthers.

aqua_duck

Coach
Why no Sin bin for Walsh?
Absolutely no reason for him to push anyone.
The no punching rule has really injected some fake courage into guys like Walsh and Reed Mahoney because they know they’re untouchable. The most laughable thing in origin was Walsh squaring up to Spencer Leniu like he actually wanted that smoke when everyone knows he’d be merely an entree for Leniu

Yeah tall poppy syndrome is well alive hey?

His defence can be pretty shit but he's an actual star in attack.
Yeah, nah...tall poppy is someone great who no-one likes, unfairly. This isn't that. The criticism is valid because the guy has a metric ton of deficiencies in his game..

I say that whilst also acknowledging this was one of his most mature games. Still a bunch of clangers.

Munky

Coach
The last ten minutes reminded me of the Roosters game.

Had it won but did dumb stuff in the final ten minutes to give away possession.

Oops, meant for the Panthers forum.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Yeah, nah...tall poppy is someone great who no-one likes, unfairly. This isn't that. The criticism is valid because the guy has a metric ton of deficiencies in his game..

I say that whilst also acknowledging this was one of his most mature games. Still a bunch of clangers.

Brisbane couldn’t get out of their 30 in the second half and the guy singled out for criticism is the one guy trying to make something happen off the back of a hopeless forward effort, trying to play fullback on defence and halfback on attack because the rest of his team were up to f**k all. Absolute tall poppy syndrome.

Bazal

Post Whore

Well no, tall poppy syndrome is cutting down the "tall poppies" just ebcause they're taller.

But otherwise, I'm not saying every criticism of him is that. I even said his defence is pretty shit. But the ones who just hang out for the mistakes? Yeah I'm gonna say it's exactly that. Of course it's not just Walsh, it's an NRL fan thing and maybe even a sports fan thing. Still dumb

no name

Coach
The no punching rule has really injected some fake courage into guys like Walsh and Reed Mahoney because they know they’re untouchable. The most laughable thing in origin was Walsh squaring up to Spencer Leniu like he actually wanted that smoke when everyone knows he’d be merely an entree for Leniu
It’s just infuriating seeing blokes binned for innocuous shit and then other players do exact same and nothing happens.
Walsh ran over 10 metres to push a Penrith player and start a scuffle for a nothing tackle.

Artiste

Juniors
Brisbane couldn’t get out of their 30 in the second half and the guy singled out for criticism is the one guy trying to make something happen off the back of a hopeless forward effort, trying to play fullback on defence and halfback on attack because the rest of his team were up to f**k all. Absolute tall poppy syndrome.
I’m not sure about it being tall poppy syndrome with Walsh.
I think he’s good for the game and has some things to offer. Overall he’s a good player but I think he’s overrated for sure.
Yeah, I don’t like how we have a tall poppy syndrome in Australia.
But I do like how we call it as we see it in this country , as sports fans we just speak our minds on impulse and that’s ok

aqua_duck

Coach
It’s just infuriating seeing blokes binned for innocuous shit and then other players do exact same and nothing happens.
Walsh ran over 10 metres to push a Penrith player and start a scuffle for a nothing tackle.
He’s the NRL’s new golden child, I’m surprised the panthers player didn’t get sin binned for daring the breath near Walsh

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Walsh is the most talented attacking player I’ve seen in years, 99% of what I hear about him is NEGATIVE…..and yet he’s ‘overrated’. Absolute bizarro world stuff.

aqua_duck

Coach
With all due respect have you considered maybe perhaps the reason some fans loathe Walsh because he carries himself as opposed to people being envious of his success?
As mentioned above he’s always running into push and shove like some wannabe tough guy, whinging to the ref, laring up every opportunity, etc.

Latest posts