What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R22 Sat - Gold Coast v Brisbane @ Cbus Super

Round 22: Gold Coast v Brisbane

• Gold Coast Titans

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chrisD

Coach
I hope the Titans become good but I’m far from convinced yet.

Still if you take that six loss start to the season away they’ve since put together a fringe top 4 win record.

Sphagnum

Coach
Well done Titans deserved win…

Look Kevvie has been a great servant for the club, got us to a GF and I respect that, but this season the club should have lifted and pushed again but we went terribly backwards… we’ve had injuries(Reynolds) but so have other clubs so not an excuse… time to look for a replacement I think
None of the other teams would be able to make the eight if one of their key halves was missing for most of the season. Legitimate excuse. Re sign kevvie imo

soc123_au

Staff member
Well done Titans deserved win…

Look Kevvie has been a great servant for the club, got us to a GF and I respect that, but this season the club should have lifted and pushed again but we went terribly backwards… we’ve had injuries(Reynolds) but so have other clubs so not an excuse… time to look for a replacement I think
OIP.uCxoIeJbLnaHZE6dKAuyrAAAAA

Pantherjim.

Referee
So this is the side that almost beat us in an NRL grand final last year??

WTF is happening at the Broncos?

Had you told me at the start of the season that this is where they’d be now with 4 rounds to play before the finals, I would have asked you if I could sample some of what you’ve been smoking.

Massive fall from grace!

Panther Mike

Juniors
Plenty of commentary about how poor the Broncos are going so soon after GF and I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'd rather give credit to the Titans. Playing some really exciting footy and finally showing a bit of resilience in tough situations too. Who knows they still might be a slim chance to sneak into the 8!

Pantherjim.

Referee
None of the other teams would be able to make the eight if one of their key halves was missing for most of the season. Legitimate excuse.

And?

Reynolds is nearing the Rugby League retirement home. Am surprised you hadn’t realised that and the fact that he might break down every 3-4 games when you plucked him from Souths and succession planned accordingly with your juniors or some other option?

You know? Just like we did with Jack Cole when we realised Luai wanted more coin than we could give him.