What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R23 Sat - Canberra v Manly @ GIO

Round 23: Canberra v Manly

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Exsilium

Coach
People of low intellect do seem to get angry when other people can string together coherent sentences. Can you share your experience as to why that might be?

Coherent? He said the same thing three times. To his credit, he used words most other footballers would ask google to define.

That being said, he presents differently outside of football. Met him several times at different events. Nice guy.

There’s a CLEAR difference between a drop kick and dropping the ball into your foot with zero intent or control. Being facetious won’t change that fact.

I remember one Canberra vs Newcastle game about 15 years ago, Kurt Gidley dropped a pass which then hit the ground before he kicked it. The ball ended up in the goal after bouncing along the ground like a grubber. Newcastle pounced on it and it was ruled as an attempted drop kick, and a try was awarded. He clearly didn't attempt to go for field goal, he dropped it. This one didn't even touch the ground bro.

KOMORI

Bench
I remember one Canberra vs Newcastle game about 15 years ago, Kurt Gidley dropped a pass which then hit the ground before he kicked it. The ball ended up in the goal after bouncing along the ground like a grubber. Newcastle pounced on it and it was ruled as an attempted drop kick, and a try was awarded. He clearly didn't attempt to go for field goal, he dropped it. This one didn't even touch the ground bro.
Should have been ruled a knock on in that case. 15 year old mistakes don’t change the fact that he never had any control whatsoever, and only in super slow motion did it look remotely like he was trying to kick it as he struggled to keep his balance. In real time and speed it looked like the knock on it was and the referee ruled accordingly..

Should have been ruled a knock on in that case. 15 year old mistakes don’t change the fact that he never had any control whatsoever, and only in super slow motion did it look remotely like he was trying to kick it as he struggled to keep his balance. In real time and speed it looked like the knock on it was and the referee ruled accordingly..

But then the bunker correctly ruled he didn't knock on and we got the ball back though. What you're saying is irrelevant. What's relevant is the ludicrous "mutual infringement" call. Wtf is that?

KOMORI

Bench
But then the bunker correctly ruled he didn't knock on and we got the ball back though. What you're saying is irrelevant. What's relevant is the ludicrous "mutual infringement" call. Wtf is that?
I’m going to disagree with bunker here, and their absolute incompetence backs me up somewhat…. But yeah what even is a mutual infringement?? Weird ass call all up, but like I said it looked like a knock on at normal speed and had juuuust enough potential to be considered a legitimate play for the bunker to make a strange call…

I’m going to disagree with bunker here, and their absolute incompetence backs me up somewhat…. But yeah what even is a mutual infringement?? Weird ass call all up, but like I said it looked like a knock on at normal speed and had juuuust enough potential to be considered a legitimate play for the bunker to make a strange call…

I've just never heard of a mutual infringement before, and it felt like some made up on the spot shit. Mutual how? Both teams infringed? Anyway, agree to disagree and congrats. We can't beat a team twice this year, and we also can't play in the daytime.

KOMORI

Bench
I've just never heard of a mutual infringement before, and it felt like some made up on the spot shit. Mutual how? Both teams infringed? Anyway, agree to disagree and congrats. We can't beat a team twice this year, and we also can't play in the daytime.
It’s been used before when both teams did something wrong like a double knock on or whatever, but definitely strange in this context… don’t stress too much we’ll only get one more game than you guys lol

It’s been used before when both teams did something wrong like a double knock on or whatever, but definitely strange in this context… don’t stress too much we’ll only get one more game than you guys lol
I didn’t see the first half, but a mutual infringement is what they call when the ref blows the whistles and the call is overturned.

firechild

First Grade
Mutual infringments have been pretty common since the introduction of the captains challenge. Basically any time a ref blows their whistle and the bunker deems the play isn't complete.