What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R24 Fri - Manly 24-10 Warriors @ 4 Pines

Round 24: Manly v Warriors

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brown dishes it out but can’t take it
I’ll always remember him for getting pole axed by Blore on debut and rolling around on the ground for a bogus penalty. He sprung up when it was given only to get pole axed a second time. More rolling around ensues followed by him getting crunched a third time.

In the Ashton Sims class of skirt parading around like and enforcer.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
God watching twilight SJ and RTS is a bit sad.

Now that I've said that I assume they'll win from here.

RTS is fine. He was already past prime when he left the first time, but he’s still ok. Just not sure everyone comprehended we were getting a slightly over the hill guy in his 30s.

Last edited:

KOMORI

Bench
Didn’t get to see a lot of this game… but enough to think that the referee had the whistle in his mouth enough to qualify for a sex worker’s pension ffs 😂

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Actually tbf there’s an argument for picking him at fullback but I wouldn’t complain if they stuck with CNK. And I guess if they picked Manu at fullback we aren’t flush with centres?

Actually tbf there’s an argument for picking him at fullback but I wouldn’t complain if they stuck with CNK. And I guess if they picked Manu at fullback we aren’t flush with centres?

I think Manu will be off to Union as soon as the Roosters season is over. I hope we see him still turn out for the Kiwis, but I doubt it.

I think Kayal Iro or Tommy Talau could come into calculations, but yeah we're not flush with centres.

I'd be tempted to put Kini at fullback tbh.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I think Manu will be off to Union as soon as the Roosters season is over. I hope we see him still turn out for the Kiwis, but I doubt it.

I think Kayal Iro or Tommy Talau could come into calculations, but yeah we're not flush with centres.

I'd be tempted to put Kini at fullback tbh.

Oh yeah of course re: Manu. In that case I honestly wouldn’t be too aggrieved if RTS made it.

Warrimoo3

Juniors
Here are my thoughts on the game having just watched a replay (I tend to record matches these days to save the frustration of watching the referees control the momentum of the match and can fast forward through junk time.)

Tom T is like a Ferrari racing against billy carts. Manly could ride on his back making a run to the grand final a la Jarred Hayne Except for the fact that Reuben Garrick is one of the worst defensive centres in the Nrl and teams will pound his corridor in the finals at every opportunity .

Can someone at Manly convince Olakauatu to run onto the ball instead of getting it virtually standing still and jogging into the defensive line .He actually did it once in the 2nd half from a pass from Nathan Brown and carried the defence 10 metres. Only happened once in the whole game though. He did have one of his occasional glaring 1 on 1 defensive lapses (on Fonua Blake) which resulted in a try. The last one was on Reuben Cotter about a month ago.

DCE and Luke Keary exploit the short side better than any other players in the NRL. Lehi Hopoate has a touch of class .

The Warriors no. 17 looks like a very good prospect . Footwork late at the line. A mini Fonua Blake if you will. Shaun Johnson was dialling it in. Could have played in a dinner suit. Montoya is an average reserve grader . At least the Warriors didn’t pull up stumps like they did against the Titans .

Chris Butler made it all about him. I can see the NRL recruitment drive for referees now.. are you a narcissist? Do you love the power of being in control ? have we got a job for you! Rapid fire set restarts for 1 team in the opposition red zone which were inevitably repeated for the other team when they were in the red zone . Two penalties for leg pulls were were part of the tackle . A mysterious downtown penalty which on replaying showed a wide stationed Olakauatu about 1 metre in front of the kicker (no Manly player was in front of the play the ball. )He didn’t come come less than 20 metres within the kick receiver. Players on report for innocuous tackles and a very dubious hip drop by Reuben Garrick . KPIs met . Annesley will be pleased .

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Chris Butler made it all about him. I can see the NRL recruitment drive for referees now.. are you a narcissist? Do you love the power of being in control ? have we got a job for you! Rapid fire set restarts for 1 team in the opposition red zone which were inevitably repeated for the other team when they were in the red zone . Two penalties for leg pulls were were part of the tackle . A mysterious downtown penalty which on replaying showed a wide stationed Olakauatu about 1 metre in front of the kicker (no Manly player was in front of the play the ball. )He didn’t come come less than 20 metres within the kick receiver. Players on report for innocuous tackles and a very dubious hip drop by Reuben Garrick . KPIs met . Annesley will be pleased .
This guy gets it. Our refs are imbeciles

Warrimoo3

Juniors
Here is an example of how the referees are being outsmarted by Ivan Cleary . Penrith used to have a system where their 1st and 2nd marker would “break” or “split “early as soon as the ball touched the ground. One to the left and one to the right. This put them in a position (illegally I might add) to limit the opposition go forward as long as it was no more than 1 pass wide of the ruck).

This year they continued to do the same but changed it up a little. Sometimes they did it only on alternate tackles usually 1/3/5 just to make it a little less obvious to the officials. Anyway , all that changed about a month ago (coinciding with the round that Api Korisau got sin binned for not standing square. )A memo obviously went out to clubs the week before about a blitz on markers not being square . In the same round the Panthers markers did something totally different . The 2nd marker would put his arm out to touch the back of the 1st market to ensure he didn’t break early . As a result teams started to make a lot more metres per set against Penrith. The solution from Ivan was to get his 2nd marker to retreat 3 to 4 metres which gives him a better ankle to cut down the ball runners and also gives the A markers a bit of a rest when they are saved from making tackles that they normally would have to make if the markers were legally positioned ..According to the NRL rules (and I use to term lightly )the 2nd marker is supposed to take up a position immediately and directly behind the 1st market . Advantage Ivan .

Latest posts