What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R26 Sun - Sydney 12-14 Canberra @ Allianz

Round 26: Sydney v Canberra

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gerg

Juniors
Let’s face it. No one knows and even if we did, they would just change it on the fly.

Just checking the NRL app. He came on about 6 minutes after Whitehead was put on report for a dangerous tackle, which I'm assuming was the accidental knee contact. It was about 2 minutes before Whitehead's second sinbin.

Bazal

Post Whore
I thought the player had to be sinbinned, not just put on report? He seemed to come on just after Whiteheads second sinbin.

That's why I wonder if it was Meathead Cheese that made it possible then they activated it later?

gerg

Juniors
Did they have 2 HIAs? I think you can activate it then.

Just googling and this seems to be the interpretation.

Edit....

Again just checking the NRL app (play by play) it indicates that only one Roosters player failed their HIA?

JamesRustle

First Grade

Edit....

Again just checking the NRL app (play by play) it indicates that only one Roosters player failed their HIA?
Cordner as trainer on the field means they start each game with a HIA failed. Roosters only need one other on field participant to fail a HIA and they are good for a super sub.

Edit....

I think you were right about cheese being able to be replaced due to an injury which resulted in a sin bin.

yobbo84

Coach
How's Trent Robinson singling out Elliott Whitehead in his presser, saying he had done "too many hipdrops in his career".

This is the coach of JWH and Radley.

He is the most unlikeable person in Rugby League.

yobbo84

Coach
Just saw the full context... Whitehead went to go apologise to Smith after the game and say it was an accident... Trent Robinson had a go at him, so Whitehead had a go at Robinson in his presser and said he was out of order.

So then the above was Robbo's response in his presser. LOL.

simmo05

Bench
Yeah; Roosters were the instigators there but the NRLlove their grandstand finishes so couldn’t penalise the Roosters.

I did love though that Smith forgot to call time off during that melee, so the Roosters wasted about 45 seconds at that stage.
That was the icing on the cake!

skeepe

Immortal
Another great win. Just gutsy. But where was that in Townsville? At Campbelltown? Just makes it even more frustrating.

Absolutely gutted if that’s how Rapana ends his career with us. He deserved better, and since we’re sending people to the sin bin for complete accidents now, surely Tedesco should have been binned for his vicious elbow to Rapana’s face? (this is a joke for the slow-witted amongst you).

Todd Smith is an absolute disgrace to rugby league. Penalties 12-5 to Roosters. Set restarts 7-2 to Roosters. I don’t expect the count to be even, but in the pre-Vlandys era that would have been a penalty count of 19-7 and it just wasn’t that sort of game.

The inconsistency absolute killed me. Tedesco was clearly within 10 of Sasagi when he collected the ball, who gives a f**k that he stopped running? Collins gets up swinging and somehow that’s on us? The Whitehead “hip drop” - ridiculous.

Then you have the fact that Tedesco was clearly on the ground while held in that last Roosters try but it was play on because reasons. I won’t even mention the ridiculous “high contact” penalty for the knee. As Todd Smith said, “it is what it is”, and today that meant a concerted effort from the ref and bunker to get the Roosters home.

Todd Smith has to be dropped after today, because that was a f**king disgrace.

Bazal

Post Whore
As I said, most unlikeable person in Rugby League.

I mean in a world where Matt Lodge, the May family and Eshay Luai exist I wouldn't MOST but he's top ten in a strong field.

Unless you count league reporters in which case they take the top 30 spots or so

yobbo84

Coach
I mean in a world where Matt Lodge, the May family and Eshay Luai exist I wouldn't MOST but he's top ten in a strong field.

Unless you count league reporters in which case they take the top 30 spots or so
Lodge, May, Jennings, Kent et al can all get in the bin. Wankers the lot of 'em.

Robbo is just an unlikeable sour face.

Latest posts