What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R26 Sun - Sydney 12-14 Canberra @ Allianz

Round 26: Sydney v Canberra

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gerg

Juniors
It's not a legitimate comparison because we are talking about different actions and Robbo is also not JWH, if it were him making the comment you would have a point.

By the way, who has JWH taken out of a game due to foul play and how many long term injuries has he caused?

And Robbo isn't having a sook, he said what he said directly to his face and Whitehead is the one that brought it to the media having a sook

Robbo was sooking because his player got injured as a direct result of Whiteheads tackle.

I'm not going to dig through JWH career to see how many he has injured. You only need to compare the judiciary record of JWH and Whitehead to see Robbo's hypocrisy. Suggesting any opposition player is a grub is ridiculous, with JWH, Radley and Suaali in his own squad.

Valheru

Coach
Robbo was sooking because his player got injured as a direct result of Whiteheads tackle.

I'm not going to dig through JWH career to see how many he has injured. You only need to compare the judiciary record of JWH and Whitehead to see Robbo's hypocrisy. Suggesting any opposition player is a grub is ridiculous, with JWH, Radley and Suaali in his own squad.
Sorry that's not accurate. Whitehead went over to them and they exchanged words, Robbo didn't bring it to the media, Whitehead did.

Right so you're going to claim JWH has "taken plenty of players out due to foul play" but not actually give any examples. He also didn't say he is a grub, he merely said he has done too many hip drops. Keep in mind this was also in the heat of the moment when they were taking stock of everything, I'm sure Elliot will get over his feelings being hurt.

Bazal

Post Whore
Who is saying it wasn't an accident?

I'm not sure any NRL player intentionally injures someone.

Well is it an accident, or foul play?

Follow up, have you seen the indicators for a hip drop?

Robbo being a sook is incontrovertible but

No Robinson was responding to a question from the media, based on comments Whitehead made to the media about what transpired in the Roosters dressing room when Whitehead went in there. Whitehead made a conscious decision to go in there, not thinking there may be any ill feeling. He then, after receiving those ill feelings, made the conscious decision to talk to the media about it, yet its Robinson having the sook? :rolleyes: FMD, Robin Hood is looking for you, he wants his bow back.

Valheru

Coach
No Robinson was responding to a question from the media, based on comments Whitehead made to the media about what transpired in the Roosters dressing room when Whitehead went in there. Whitehead made a conscious decision to go in there, not thinking there may be any ill feeling. He then, after receiving those ill feelings, made the conscious decision to talk to the media about it, yet its Robinson having the sook? :rolleyes: FMD, Robin Hood is looking for you, he wants his bow back.
Yep

Not as if Robbo hunted him down or randomly brought it up in the presser.

Fair play to Elliot for trying to apologise but sometimes when things are still heightened you don't get the response you are looking for. He lacked the emotional intelligence to understand that and went down the sooking route.

gerg

Juniors
Sure Robbo was asked about Whiteheads comments and Whitehead was asked directly about the 'hip drop' incident.

Valheru

Coach
FMD Robbo has a lot of groupies...

Can we just admit the hypocrisy of calling Elliot a serial offender when the likes of JWH exist on the Roosters? Or is this too much to ask?
Too much to ask.

If he is saying JWH is not a serial offender that would be hypocrisy.

Valheru

Coach
Sure Robbo was asked about Whiteheads comments and Whitehead was asked directly about the 'hip drop' incident.
That's exactly what happened.

Whitehead could have just said it was an accident and sorry and all the rest of it and say he tried to apologise but it wasn't well received at that point or whatever.

Instead he had a little cry "He turned on me"

gerg

Juniors
Sorry that's not accurate. Whitehead went over to them and they exchanged words, Robbo didn't bring it to the media, Whitehead did.

Right so you're going to claim JWH has "taken plenty of players out due to foul play" but not actually give any examples. He also didn't say he is a grub, he merely said he has done too many hip drops. Keep in mind this was also in the heat of the moment when they were taking stock of everything, I'm sure Elliot will get over his feelings being hurt.

There's too many suspensions to trawl through. Robbo doesn't need to come out and call Whitehead a grub, but he sure implied it by saying he'd done hip drops his entire career. How many week's suspension has Whitehead served, overall and from hip drops?

skeepe

Immortal
1725237745842.jpeg
James Tedesco ends Rapana’s NRL career with a vicious leading elbow before any “tackle” by Rapana.

The bunker penalised Rapana for daring to get in the way of Tedesco, despite the fact Rapz was contesting the ball and Tedesco initiated contact.

And of course, Teddy escapes any sanction for this clear act of foul play.

Valheru

Coach
There's too many suspensions to trawl through. Robbo doesn't need to come out and call Whitehead a grub, but he sure implied it by saying he'd done hip drops his entire career. How many week's suspension has Whitehead served, overall and from hip drops?
I think he has been charged 3 times with it but keep in mind it's only been a thing for 2 years.

I'm not asking you to trawl through suspensions, just an example of JWH seriously injuring someone. Just one.

Again, Robbo didn't approach Whitehead, it was the other way around and Whitehead brought it to the public domain. If he didn't it all stays behind closed doors and sorted over the following days.

Valheru

Coach
View attachment 93417
James Tedesco ends Rapana’s NRL career with a vicious leading elbow before any “tackle” by Rapana.

The bunker penalised Rapana for daring to get in the way of Tedesco, despite the fact Rapz was contesting the ball and Tedesco initiated contact.

And of course, Teddy escapes any sanction for this clear act of foul play.
Please keep this meltdown coming

soc123_au

Staff member
JWH has been suspended so Brandon Smith deserved his ACL to be torn and no one is allowed to comment on it

You people are f**king tapped
No one said that. People are commenting on Karenson being ok with foul play when it comes from one of his own, but not when it's going the other way, not for the first time either, hence the commentary.

I don't think anyone is particularly happy with the outcome for Brandon.

The sad part is he was actually pretty good for most of the PC, then lost it at the end, wasn't just a mention and move on either, he repeated his point a few times.

Latest posts