What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R4 Thu - Sydney 16-22 Penrith @ Allianz

Round 4: Sydney v Penrith

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michael Matral

Juniors
Looks like we’ve got a brown-belt Turd-Pen over here.

Watch out for his

4.5 years into this PENRITH! era and I've barely seen a Panthers player on their haunches or with hands on their heads sucking in

Isaah Yeo.
The maestro.
Triple premiership winner.
The modern day Provan.
Leader of men.
100%..ruined me last week with the pinpoint accurate kick for the try..just pure effort and guile..

blaza88z

Coach
Still salty about the donkeys shitting the bed on the big stage?

Not really, my team has nothing to do with it. It was clearly a shocking decision, one of the worst we will see this year no doubt. Edwards almost gets penalised for tackling a player without the ball, if it isn't a try.

Looking forward to fullbacks finding the nearest attacking player when they're horribly out of position from this moment on.

Let's wait and see how he goes at a club that isn't the Panthers...
He came into the Panthers line-up when we had come 9th the year before. It was him and Api that comes into the side as it turned around, and he is the only one left.

I’ll back him to go well at the Tigpies

gerg

Juniors
4.5 years into this PENRITH! era and I've barely seen a Panthers player on their haunches or with hands on their heads sucking in air... freaks.

Amazing team. Other teams somehow manage to retain their superstar players after periods of success and in some cases continue to add more and more fire-power. Panthers let em go and the juggernaut continues. Enjoy it Penrith fans, nothing lasts forever.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Not really, my team has nothing to do with it. It was clearly a shocking decision, one of the worst we will see this year no doubt. Edwards almost gets penalised for tackling a player without the ball, if it isn't a try.

Looking forward to fullbacks finding the nearest attacking player when they're horribly out of position from this moment on.
Wasn't even the worst call in this game. Tupouniua didn't get close to getting that ball down. 2 different camera angles showed it was a clear drop

KennySterling

Juniors
Wasn't even the worst call in this game. Tupouniua didn't get close to getting that ball down. 2 different camera angles showed it was a clear drop
Agree about Tupouniua - and then there's the Tago 'no try'. That ball definitely touched grass.
But they have to try and manufacture a 'grandstand finish' for the dribblers Voss & Ennis to get excited about.

soc123_au

Staff member
Disappointed with Robbo in the presser. He was pretty much bang on with everything he said and with good grace. Boring....

The best side in history if we are honest
As I watched the game unfold and slip away from us earlier than I’d hoped, I wondered if this is what it must’ve felt like for every other fan during the midst of the great Saints era. No idea how long this run continues but it will definitely go on for some time. It’s been a while since we’ve witnessed a dynasty. One to tell the grand kids.

taste2taste

Juniors
Now that the NRL has admitted they got the Manu try wrong it's incredible to think the Roosters were thoroughly outplayed but would have won if that try was awarded.

I don't think the panthers are a shoe in to win this year, Storm handled them easily and Broncos, Roosters can beat them too.

Trell suddenly looks a better FB

soc123_au

Staff member
Now that the NRL has admitted they got the Manu try wrong it's incredible to think the Roosters were thoroughly outplayed but would have won if that try was awarded.

I don't think the panthers are a shoe in to win this year, Storm handled them easily and Broncos, Roosters can beat them too.
Swap it for the Toupinoa bounce try and the result is the same. Tago no try touched a blade of grass in there somewhere, but can live with the decision. As it was the scoreline didn't reflect the game.

MrBlack

Juniors
As I watched the game unfold and slip away from us earlier than I’d hoped, I wondered if this is what it must’ve felt like for every other fan during the midst of the great Saints era. No idea how long this run continues but it will definitely go on for some time. It’s been a while since we’ve witnessed a dynasty. One to tell the grand kids.
In all 3 wins this year Penrith have had a match wining lead then taken the foot off the pedal.

Did it most of last year as well. Not too many blow outs.

Not sure if this is planned (dont show too much in the regular season) or a mental thing

In all 3 wins this year Penrith have had a match wining lead then taken the foot off the pedal.

Did it most of last year as well. Not too many blow outs.

Not sure if this is planned (dont show too much in the regular season) or a mental thing
I think you guys toy with most teams. Reckon you are definitely playing within yourselves atm and no need to show all your cards just yet. Don’t know if it was shown on TV but saw it on the big screen at the ground. Radley puts a good hit on Luai. Jarome just smiles and pats him on the head which he might not have done if we had worried them at all. A sign for me the game was just a step up from a training run.

taste2taste

Juniors
Let's hope teams don't try to emulate the panthers style because it's boring AF

A game plan based around holding the ball and taking zero risks. 3 hit ups, swing to the left, swing the the right, get tackled in the corner. Zzzzzz

At the end of his career Clearys highlight reel will consist of nothing more than catch, pass and territorial kicks.

MRN

Juniors
Why does everyone buy into the commentators always saying it just needs to touch a blade of grass. No. It needs to be 'GROUNDED'. That means downward pressure on the ground not scraping the grass above the ground.
1000001247.png

soc123_au

Staff member
That
I think you guys toy with most teams. Reckon you are definitely playing within yourselves atm and no need to show all your cards just yet. Don’t know if it was shown on TV but saw it on the big screen at the ground. Radley puts a good hit on Luai. Jarome just smiles and pats him on the head which he might not have done if we had worried them at all. A sign for me the game was just a step up from a training run.
was the Manu hit. It was pretty cool to see Luai react like that.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Let's hope teams don't try to emulate the panthers style because it's boring AF

A game plan based around holding the ball and taking zero risks. 3 hit ups, swing to the left, swing the the right, get tackled in the corner. Zzzzzz

At the end of his career Clearys highlight reel will consist of nothing more than catch, pass and territorial kicks.
You miss last week? Nathan turns it on when needed

taste2taste

Juniors
Were the Panthers playing within them selves when they couldn't score a piont against a Melbourne team without papps, Munster and NAS ?
Were they also playing with in themselves when they couldn't beat a NSW cup level team in Wigan ?