What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R9 Fri - Brisbane 18-40 Sydney @ Suncorp

Round 9: Brisbane v Sydney

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2024 - Round 9
Brisbane Broncos v Sydney Roosters
Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal (TICKETS)

Friday 3 May 2024
NRL kickoff 8pm.

Broadcast live on Nine, 9Now, Fox, Kayo.

BRISBANE2024.png

1. Reece Walsh 2. Jesse Arthars 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Selwyn Cobbo 5. Deine Mariner 6. Ezra Mam 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Corey Jensen 9. Billy Walters 10. Payne Haas 11. Brendan Piakura 12. Jordan Riki 13. Patrick Carrigan 14. Tyson Smoothy 15. Xavier Willison 16. Kobe Hetherington 17. Fletcher Baker 18. Corey Oates 19. Benjamin Te Kura 20. Jaiyden Hunt 21. Tristan Sailor 22. Blake Mozer

Out: Jock Madden (five-eighth)
In: Selwyn Cobbo (centre), Ezra Mam (five-eighth), Benjamin Te Kura (reserve), Jaiyden Hunt (reserve), Tristan Sailor (reserve), Blake Mozer (reserve)
Changes: Corey Oates (wing to reserve), Jesse Arthars (centre to wing)

SYDNEY2024.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii 4. Joseph Manu 5. Dominic Young 6. Luke Keary 7. Sam Walker 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Brandon Smith 10. Lindsay Collins 11. Angus Crichton 12. Nat Butcher 13. Connor Watson 14. Siua Wong 15. Naufahu Whyte 16. Egan Butcher 17. Terrell May 18. Fetalaiga Pauga 19. Sitili Tupouniua 20. Zach Dockar-Clay 21. Sandon Smith 22. Victor Radley

Out: Michael Jennings (centre)
In: Daniel Tupou (wing), Junior Pauga (reserve), Sitili Tupouniua (reserve), Zach Dockar-Clay (reserve), Sandon Smith (reserve), Victor Radley (reserve)
Changes: Joseph-Aukuso Sua'ali'i (wing to centre)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: Chris Sutton, Matt Noyen
Video Referee: Gerard Sutton

Match facts

HEAD TO HEAD - 1988 - 2024​

TOTALBRISBANESYDNEYDRAWN
ALL MATCHES5832260
SUNCORP13760

LAST FIVE MEETINGS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
2021Round 22SYDNEY 21-20Suncorp14314
2022Round 5SYDNEY 24-20Suncorp23508
2022Round 21SYDNEY 34-16SCG10495
2023Round 22BRISBANE 32-10The Gabba21841
2024Round 1SYDNEY 20-10Allegiant40746

BIGGEST WINS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
1989Round 9BRISBANE 36-2SFS7426
2020Round 4SYDNEY 59-0Suncorp0

NEXT FOUR MATCHES​

Round 10Round 11Round 12Round 13
BRISBANEPARRAMATTA (A)MANLY (A)GOLD COAST (H)(BYE)
SYDNEYWARRIORS (H)CRONULLA (A)CANBERRA (A)NORTH QLD (H)

LAST THREE MATCHES​

Round 6 Round 7 Round 8
BRISBANEDOLPHINSW 28-14CANBERRAW 34-10WESTS TIGERSW 34-10
SYDNEYNEWCASTLEW 22-20MELBOURNEL 12-18ST GEORGE ILLAWARRAW 60-18

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Match of the round and both teams look likely to be close to full strength

Leniu not playing probably takes the air out of any 'revenge' motivation Brisbane might have.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Match of the round and both teams look likely to be close to full strength

Leniu not playing probably takes the air out of any 'revenge' motivation Brisbane might have.
Didn’t Luke Keary leave Allianz in a moon boot with an ankle concern?

Mam was at local leagues with a brace. Rumours his finger is broken, so I will be shocked if he plays. Cobbo should play though.

Valheru

Coach
Didn’t Luke Keary leave Allianz in a moon boot with an ankle concern?

Mam was at local leagues with a brace. Rumours his finger is broken, so I will be shocked if he plays. Cobbo should play though.
Did he? First I heard of it although I was very drunk by the end of that game lol

I thought Mam only missed the Wests game as a precaution? But you would know better than me

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Did he? First I heard of it although I was very drunk by the end of that game lol

I thought Mam only missed the Wests game as a precaution? But you would know better than me
Haha I don't blame you.

ABC radio were talking about it apparently. No news though. Are Radley and Tupou fine too? I guess we won't find out until tomorrow.

I had a tinfoil hat on and thought Mam and Cobbo were given a rest and the injuries were slightly manufactured as not to disrespect the Tigers. Mam has been hobbling about the field since under 10s. Cobbo is just so unfit atm. Was shocked to see Mam in a brace

EDIT: Cobbo training in a no contact bib. Mam training fine.

Last edited:

JamesRustle

First Grade
Broncos to flip the round 1 result and win 26-20... but without racially abusing an opponent.

I hope Spencer is sitting in the crowd next to his injured and suspended teamates, so we can see some Qld hospitality at its best.

GongPanther

Referee
When was the last time a 100 point turnaround happened? This will be the case if Brisbane put 40 on the Roosters.

Brisbane by 34-22.

Woody90

Juniors
Keen to see how the Roosters go here.

They’ve had a flat track bully feel to them for a couple of seasons now.

yobbo84

Coach
As much as clubs love to tout recruiting ability, nothing helps more than a player from the opposition having a blinder against you.

With Keary retiring this year and Reynolds next... if Sam Walker plays out of his skin again he can basically name the price of his next contract for one of these clubs.

speedster

Juniors
As much as clubs love to tout recruiting ability, nothing helps more than a player from the opposition having a blinder against you.

With Keary retiring this year and Reynolds next... if Sam Walker plays out of his skin again he can basically name the price of his next contract for one of these clubs.
He won't be playing against witches hats this weekend.

speedster

Juniors
Oh, so he was playing against witches hats in Round 1 of this year then was he?
No and he didn't absolutely shoot the lights out then either.

He's a terrific little player but all I'm saying is he'll find it a little tougher against the Broncos. Again.

Latest posts