What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Charity Shield - Vs Dragons

Travitoh

First Grade
I would love to see Burns take his opportunity here and force his way into the round 1 team. There's an opportunity there for him and he could be a very handy addition.

Thumper

Juniors
Keppie is lazy. Arms tackle from their first line break and didn’t even make the effort when Sloan just went through.

callmack1

Staff member
Yooohoooo!!! Still buzzing from the game! That was a very enjoyable night and a very enjoyable one to watch. We did it! We got the win and for the second year in a row, and the 11th time in the last 12 games, the shield stays where it belongs, firmly with us. Great to kick 2024 off properly in the right fashion with a great win like that.

I admit, I didn't like our start. We lacked punch, energy and any real go-forward. Looked to lack a bit of energy. The Dragons played all over us in the first half, certainly the first quarter. However, despite this, the defence held and held really solidly. That was probably the most impressive part of the night for me, the defence. They threw a lot at us, and we just absorbed all the pressure and kept turning up for each other.

To their credit, the second half was pretty exceptional, and we were dominant right from the opening exchanges of the second half. We rolled through them, felt like we were constantly in their half, and we built a bit of pressure and fatigue. The performance in that 40 minutes was just exceptional, and I was really impressed with how the side went about their business. We scored some exceptional tries and the Dragons never looked like scoring.

Really happy with the performance, it was even better than I expected. I'll go into it in more detail tomorrow with my proper review and talk more about individual players, but just really stoked with the way we played and retaining the shield.

great night! Well done Souths!

This Year?

Immortal
Congrats on the win. Your middles looked great and the kids got to have some fun in the last 20.
I'm going to pray to every known god to try and avoid the spoon.
Best of luck this season.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member