What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 14 - Vs Titans

callmack1

Staff member
The bye week is finally over. I've had a good week away from Footy, feeling rested and excited to get back into it! I hope the players feel the same.

This week, we head up to the Gold Coast to take on the Titans in Round 14. I feel a little bit excited to be honest. Always love playing the Titans on the Gold Coast. I dunno why, it just always has a good vibe to it. They players seem to love that away trip, we have a good record there, and there seems to be thousands of Souths fans on the GC so we always get good support.

If we'd played them a few weeks back, I'd say we should beat them, but the Titans are playing much better Footy now to the point where this isn't going to be an easy game at all. They are slightly Origin effected, so that is in our favour as we are not Origin effected at all for once, but otherwise, they'll be pretty primed for this one at home.

Hopefully we will be too. I hope that the boys took a lot out of our win over Parra in Round 12, and I really hope it brough back a bit of confidence and could be a spring board to get some results. I really want to see that this weekend. If we can apply ourselves like we did in Indigenous Round, then I think we're in with a real chance. Cody should be back which will be a big in too.

I'm actually excited! I hope that's well-placed excitement ahaha.

Let's go.

callmack1

Staff member
Where is this chat about Host injured and Tom in doubt from??

speedster

Juniors
If we're to avoid the spoon let alone escape the bottom 4, this is a must win game. We found some mojo through the middle in our last start and with Cody back and Latrell in reasonable form, we should see some tries especially down AJ's side.

Question is, will Hornby select the Cody-Jack halves combo again or will he stick with Dion who did so well against Parra?

We have a great record against the Titans up there. Undefeated since 2009. I expect another high scoring affair but I think we can win this.

Hellray

Juniors
If we're to avoid the spoon let alone escape the bottom 4, this is a must win game. We found some mojo through the middle in our last start and with Cody back and Latrell in reasonable form, we should see some tries especially down AJ's side.

Question is, will Hornby select the Cody-Jack halves combo again or will he stick with Dion who did so well against Parra?

We have a great record against the Titans up there. Undefeated since 2009. I expect another high scoring affair but I think we can win this.
After our last round Hornby should be looking at the Walker/Mitchell halves combo with Jack at FB

Rabbits20

Immortal
South Sydney’s injury woes continue with Jacob Host and Izaac Tu’itupou Thompson set to be sidelined for at least a month.

Host and Thompson join South Sydney’s growing injury list. Richie Kennar will return to the starting line-up.

callmack1

Staff member
South Sydney’s injury woes continue with Jacob Host and Izaac Tu’itupou Thompson set to be sidelined for at least a month.

Host and Thompson join South Sydney’s growing injury list. Richie Kennar will return to the starting line-up.
Oh for f**k sake!!

Some reports that Liam Le Blanc will debut too.

Hellray

Juniors
Oh f**king hell….. They just named an Kennar/Gagai wing centre combo for this week. That is f**king crazy bad!

callmack1

Staff member

Tean list Tuesday baby!!!!

Gotta say, I'm not entirely happy with the team this week. I'm content with the forwards, but really unhappy to see Richie Kennar back in the side. I get we have injuries but for f**k sake, the guy lets us down every time, and it's been that way for a number of years now. Seriously, how can the coaching staff, not see that?!! Ughhhhhh. Cheeks did a good job filling in at center, why not keep him there and put Tallis on an edge instead of Richie's utter incompetence? Not happy.

I was hoping Hornby would scratch the itch and have Trell at 5/8 too because that worked really well.

But ah well, still a team that is capable of beating the Titans.

handyman2190

Bench

Gotta say, I'm not entirely happy with the team this week. I'm content with the forwards, but really unhappy to see Richie Kennar back in the side. I get we have injuries but for f**k sake, the guy lets us down every time, and it's been that way for a number of years now. Seriously, how can the coaching staff, not see that?!! Ughhhhhh. Cheeks did a good job filling in at center, why not keep him there and put Tallis on an edge instead of Richie's utter incompetence? Not happy.

I was hoping Hornby would scratch the itch and have Trell at 5/8 too because that worked really well.

Sorry brother i feel a touchup coming on, our centres are geriatric to say the least

Steenson123

Juniors

Agreed. The side usually play well up there perhaps because Walker is familiar with the milieu of the Slum Coast.
I predict the side will start to win more games especially when some key personnel return. Bennett will be watching and whoever is selected or available will be well aware of that fact.

Steenson123

Juniors

Re Kennar: Why is he still on the roster? And why on earth was Burns released and Kennar maintained? And why was Karapani released? Both these exports have been dynamic for the clubs that imported them, Burns has actually been a central figure in the resurgence of NQ and Payton's career!!!
Demetriou has a lot to answer for.

Thumper

Juniors
Re Kennar: Why is he still on the roster? And why on earth was Burns released and Kennar maintained? And why was Karapani released? Both these exports have been dynamic for the clubs that imported them, Burns has actually been a central figure in the resurgence of NQ and Payton's career!!!
Hahahaha. A central figure. Where do people come up with this shit. Burns has scored 3 tries running a total of 15m combined for them. He’s a winger.
karapani had missed 9 tackles In 2 games. Neither are dynamic.

speedster

Juniors
After our last round Hornby should be looking at the Walker/Mitchell halves combo with Jack at FB
Well, Trell was last man standing in that game and did really well up in the line at 5/8. But the Cody-Jack combo never got the chance to show what it can do so I can understand Hornby sticking to his guns there. But it means Kennar and Milne as our centres. I think I'd prefer Dion at half and Jack at center - certainly defensively but at the same time, we need to get the ball down the other end of the park more so, I suppose, lets see how this halves combo go - if they make it onto the park this time.

I hope to see Jack and Latrell doing most of our long kicking. If Cody keeps the long kicking role, I'll be cheesed off.

speedster

Juniors
Yeah, I would certainly wanted to have kept Burns and activated him into the 1st grade squad. Just after he left, we had to bring Shibasaki in. Frankly, I'd prefer Shibasaki to Kennar but not sure if we have to pick a "development" player (Kennar) ahead of an affiliate recruit if available.

Karapani went off the reservation last year and got dumped from the Cup team just prior to finals so he had disciplinary issues and goneski. We still won the silverware without him but he would have debuted for us in 1sts had he still been here this year, that's for sure.

Never fear. We have Richie Kennar!

handyman2190

Bench
Karapanis problem as highlighted by his last 2 games is his defence, attack was always his forte, he just misses tackles and you need defence orientated players around him to compensate,thats part of the reason,apart from the fact he lost his marbles the last year

Latest posts