What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 14 - Vs Titans

callmack1

Staff member
Good to get Origin out of the way and we can now fully focus on the main event this week and that's Saturday afternoon.

I'm still feeling positive about it and I don't know why to be honest. If the Titans play anything like they have in their last few games, they'll blow us away. This is the team that bet the Broncos in their last game, they're massively on the up. Yet somehow, I still think we can beat them.

Play with the kind of enjoyment and hunger we did against Parra, with a bit tighter defence and we may just do it.

I really want to do it for Jai's 150th this week, especially because he's playing in his hometown.

callmack1

Staff member

There were some rumors earlier in the week that Tom was in some doubt.

Based on all the galleries from this week's training, it seems that Tom has trained fully so I'm not sure where the rumors that he was in doubt came from earlier in the week. We need him out there and it seems he's good to go.

callmack1

Staff member

Pretty awful conditions for the captains run today! Hopefully those conditions are a stark contrast to the ones we'll be playing in up on the Gold Coast tomorrow.

It appeared that everyone who was named was out there training which is great.

Le Blanc and Teaupa were there training, but we quite often have the 18th and 18th men join us for the captains run so I don't think that's any indication that either of them will be coming into the side and I'd say we'll run out as per program.

Hope the boys had a good final prep, a good session, and are ready to go for tomorrow.

I guess they'll be flying up to the GC this afternoon.

callmack1

Staff member

This is a 'stories' section that has more images and videos from the captain's run today.

Ben seems pretty confident and really looking forward to it. But is he just doing a JD? Because we heard the same from him every week.

callmack1

Staff member
Rise and shine ladies and gentlemen! Get up and get moving my fellow South Sydney members and fans because after a long layoff, our favourite day is finally here again. That's right, it's game day!!

We head up to the Gold Coast to take on the Titans this afternoon and I have to say, I really don't know why, but I just feel good about this one. The game in the GC is always a good vibe. We have a great record there that we're hoping to keep intact today, the boys seem to really enjoy the trip, and we have a heap of supporters there. So much so, that it's nearly a home game every year.

It's amazing what a win can do for you and after our win in our last game, there's just a different feeling around the club at the moment and a different vibe. I'm sure we can all feel it, I certainly can anyway. it's more upbeat and a bit of optimism. Today, for the first game day in a while, is not about finding a win finally, it's about building on a win and creating some much-needed momentum. If we could somehow get this done today, then the vibe changes yet again and we start to build just a little with troops on the way. So today is crucial for how the rest of the Season is going to play out I believe.

If we'd played the Titans a couple of weeks ago, I'd feel very, very confident. However, that's not the case now. And while I think we can beat them, it's going to be a much tougher task than it would have been weeks ago. The Titans have really found their groove and are basically now flying. This is a team that beat the Broncos in their last game so that's a sign of what they're capable of. They have a huge speed advantage in the outside backs, and they have a decent pack to match so that's a worry.

But I still think we can do this. Hopefully Arrow's 150th will be a big motivating factor, go out there and do it for him.

Let's go boys!!!!!

Glory, Glory.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well Game Dsy is upon us my fellow Souths faithful. I’m pushed for time today so it’s a bit of a shorter preview. It won’t be easy at all up there the Titans are playing good footy and get some key players back in Foran, Campbell and likely Boyd. Des has them playing good footy. They have plenty of speed on the edges that’s a concern for us. For us we need to build off that win last week. The biggest work on for us is defence the boys need to work hard for one another. If we can not make silly errors and match them as best we can in the middle we will be in with a chance. We get great support up on the Gold Coast too so I’m sure there will be strong support for the boys. Also Jai go well brother in your 150th lets go and get the win for him and let’s get off the bottom of the ladder!

OK AT 2:58PM TODAY EVERY RABBITOHS MEMBER AND SUPPORTER ON YOUR FEET WEAR THE COLOURS PROUDLY CLAP YOUR HANDS AND SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT CMON BOYS LETS GO RABBITOHS GLORY GLORY!!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

LETS BRING HOME THE 2 POINTS!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
AND BBBBOOOOOOO

WHERE IS OUR SIX AGAIN CHRIS

WHAT ABOUT REFFING FOR BOTH SIDES

BBBOOOOO HIGH TACKLE

BBBOOOO TOUCHIE THATS FORWARD HAVE A LOOK!!!

callmack1

Staff member

speedster

Juniors
Pretty loose game in warm, dry conditions but a terrific result in the end and there is a lot to build on.

Cody was great on the right but would love to see him shuffle over to the left more and combine with Jack and AJ over there too. That'll come with more time playing together.

Thank goodness Trell did most of the kicking. Had been screaming for that since Reynolds left. Still scratching my melon about it but that's water under the bridge now.

Broncos next week will be a very different prospect of course but for now, first back-to-back win since round 11 last year! And we're off the bottom of the ladder!

speedster

Juniors
Walker's mismatched battle with Fifita was hilarious! Loved it. Never took a backward step. Flew backwards a few times with his feet too high off the ground to take a backward step but he didn't shirk his task old Cody. He's always great value.

Steenson123

Juniors
Expect more Vs before season is done.
The positive impact of Bennett has already begun.
Keon 261 metres, Moale over 180m. When did this last happen?
With some class to return in coming weeks expect more wins with plenty of points being tallied.
One wonders what productivity players such as Moale, Gray, Gagai, Mamezolous, Kelpie, Duncan, Munroe, Shaq et al will produce under Burt's leadership. And the man will unearth even more talent once he starts here.
Re-Acquiring Burt will prove to be one of the club's most important signature in decades. It has effectively staved off football irrelevance and quite frankly, disaster.
Off field management and coaching are absolutely critical variables in football success, just ask Atalanta BC who have become a top European Football club with a small city base and very modest budget in relative terms. Intelligent management and coaching are even more important than personnel in my opinion.

Steenson123

Juniors
Why s
Pretty loose game in warm, dry conditions but a terrific result in the end and there is a lot to build on.

Cody was great on the right but would love to see him shuffle over to the left more and combine with Jack and AJ over there too. That'll come with more time playing together.

Thank goodness Trell did most of the kicking. Had been screaming for that since Reynolds left. Still scratching my melon about it but that's water under the bridge now.

Broncos next week will be a very different prospect of course but for now, first back-to-back win since round 11 last year! And we're off the bottom of the ladder!
Why should we fear Brisbane? Slum Coast put 38 or so on them in sinking them plus they have Madden - a slugg - playing at #7. Plus Walsh is getting consistently battered.
Our expectations now should be to pile up Vs, forget about ladder bottom discourse. We have some very good personnel to return and Bennett is already putting his paws on these players.
The 180 degree trunaround from almost all players has been sensational. Particularly Cook, Walker, Mitchell, Keon and Moale.

Rabbits20

Immortal
At work this is all I have to say for now I’ll watch tonight late when I get home!

ALL RABBITOHS STAND UP

ALL RABBITOHS STAND UP

AAALLLL RRRAAABBBIITTOHHHSSS

GLORY GLORY MY FELLOW SOUTHS FAITHFUL ALTOGETHER NOW!!!

speedster

Juniors
Why s

Why should we fear Brisbane? Slum Coast put 38 or so on them in sinking them plus they have Madden - a slugg - playing at #7. Plus Walsh is getting consistently battered.
Our expectations now should be to pile up Vs, forget about ladder bottom discourse. We have some very good personnel to return and Bennett is already putting his paws on these players.
The 180 degree trunaround from almost all players has been sensational. Particularly Cook, Walker, Mitchell, Keon and Moale.
Love your positivity mate. Post-win high n' all. The magic is being sprinkled all the way from Redcliffe down to Heffron already.

Latest posts