What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 14 - Vs Titans

callmack1

Staff member

Late reaction to the game for me as I went out straight after and celebrated hard. Feeling it today ahahaha. But I feel so friggin happy this morning and have woken up with the biggest smile on my face. What a feeling it is! In such a shit Season so far, to get a win like that in dominant fashion is an amazing feeling and I'm soaking it all in, that's for sure.

What a performance from the lads. It was a complete performance in both attack and defence. Our best game so far, by a mile, and it's probably the very first time this year that we can say we turned it on on both sides of the ball.

Our attack was on fire. The forwards just really rolled their sleeves up, got to work and poured up the middle just about every set where we had good field position. I also thought we did okay coming out of our own end. This all resulted in more time and space, and our superstars took advantage. Trell and Cody were outstanding. Trell especially. He was easily man of the match and that is the best I've seen him play in a long time. I can't fault him in any area. He really put his hand up, said "come with me boys," and went for it. Honestly hats off to him. That's how good he can be. Other than that, we scored some wonderful tries and the attack was on fire! I don't think we made too many errors either. 46 points, we were perfect.

Near perfect in defence too and we haven't been able to say that much this year at all. To keep a really good attacking side to just 12 points is pretty impressive. The Titans had a lot of breaks down our right, but I thought our scramble defence and desire to get back and stop them was outstanding. The defence on our line, with the exception of the Fifita try in somewhat broken play was pretty strong too. Some real resilience shown there to keep turning up for each other and keep turning them away. Honestly, I saw some stuff in that game that I haven't seen all year.

Look, I know it was the Titans but let's not forget, they're really on the up and I see them as a decent side now. They've recently bet the Broncos no less, and the Warriors. So I believe this is our first real scalp of 2024.

I just feel so good!!! Back-to-back wins for the first time in 13 months. Yewwwwww!!!!!!

handyman2190

Bench

Late reaction to the game for me as I went out straight after and celebrated hard. Feeling it today ahahaha. But I feel so friggin happy this morning and have woken up with the biggest smile on my face. What a feeling it is! In such a shit Season so far, to get a win like that in dominant fashion is an amazing feeling and I'm soaking it all in, that's for sure.

What a performance from the lads. It was a complete performance in both attack and defence. Our best game so far, by a mile, and it's probably the very first time this year that we can say we turned it on on both sides of the ball.

Our attack was on fire. The forwards just really rolled their sleeves up, got to work and poured up the middle just about every set where we had good field position. I also thought we did okay coming out of our own end. This all resulted in more time and space, and our superstars took advantage. Trell and Cody were outstanding. Trell especially. He was easily man of the match and that is the best I've seen him play in a long time. I can't fault him in any area. He really put his hand up, said "come with me boys," and went for it. Honestly hats off to him. That's how good he can be. Other than that, we scored some wonderful tries and the attack was on fire! I don't think we made too many errors either. 46 points, we were perfect.

Near perfect in defence too and we haven't been able to say that much this year at all. To keep a really good attacking side to just 12 points is pretty impressive. The Titans had a lot of breaks down our right, but I thought our scramble defence and desire to get back and stop them was outstanding. The defence on our line, with the exception of the Fifita try in somewhat broken play was pretty strong too. Some real resilience shown there to keep turning up for each other and keep turning them away. Honestly, I saw some stuff in that game that I haven't seen all year.

Look, I know it was the Titans but let's not forget, they're really on the up and I see them as a decent side now. They've recently bet the Broncos no less, and the Warriors. So I believe this is our first real scalp of 2024.

I just feel so good!!! Back-to-back wins for the first time in 13 months. Yewwwwww!!!!!!
Agree with you brother,what also surprised me was kennar,ok he got beat a couple of times because of speed,which we know he hasnt got, but he cleaned up alot of loose ball and scored his usual knockem aside try,well done

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well our forwards aimed up. What was most pleasing was desperation in defence massive efforts from a number of boys out there. I’ve seen on Souths social media say it was an off game from Arrow. I disagree the bloke is busted and made two try saving tackles and 120 metres.

Trell was on in everything best player on the field by miles. That’s the Trell we wanna see more often. Was big defensively too.

AJ actually a quiet game by his standards.

Milne was solid did his job.

Richie yea got caught out a few times but he scored a try and had some strong carries. Made some important tackles too and defused that tough high ball.

Gagai rushed off his wing a couple of times and missed tackles but was strong with the shit work and has some pace in open space. His best game yet I think.

Wighton a mixed bag but I like keeping him at 6 for now he’s a good running 5/8. I disagree currently with moving him back to centre. For now I would not we need our best players getting their hands on the ball more.

Cody had a tough job on Fifita missed 10 tackles but did lots of good things for us out there. He was still creating lots as well and taking on the line.

Moale well 184 metres again and a try he’s starting to look more comfortable at this level!

Cook was a strong game ran the ball very well gave good service and filled in well at centre the last 20mins. Showed desperation in clean up work in defence too.

Keppie made 88 metres was solid but had a few lazy and poor missed tackles.

Cheeks well he did his job 119 metres from 16 hit ups we can’t ask for much more.

Arrow as I said a strong game for us big in the effort areas.

Keaon wow man I lost count the number of times I shouted GO KEAON GO KEAON he ate the metres up 27 for 267 metres take a bow Keaon. To me he’s a better middle than edge.

Mamouzelos came on for 22mins made his tackles gave good service and that lovely try assist. He can stay in the side now and he will he deserves that 14 jersey.

Havili: Another calf injury surely not and he went down with nobody around him.

Duncan: A strong 42mins 14 hit ups 140 metres loved watching Tallis he had a big impact off the bench.

T. Burgess Had to play a few more mins than usual did fall off some tackles he shouldn’t have. But boy his hit ups were strong made about 150 metres. I loved his try I WAS SHOUTING YYYEESSSS ITS TOM ITS TOM GGGGOOOO TOOOMMMYYYY GO LAD. He’s still right up there with one of my favourite Rabbitohs.

Just so nice to win convincingly and see the boys take pride in their defence and the boys looked so connected and hungry. Let’s bottle that and keep it up!

GLORY GLORY TO SOUTH SYDNEY!!!! SSTID