What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 22 - Vs Sharks

callmack1

Staff member
Ahhhh that was a tough one last night and it ended up being a hard watch. Another loss, and that is probably the nail in the coffin for Season 2024 sadly. It sucks but it wasn't unexpected.

In all honesty though, as tough as it was, last night was actually much better than I expected it to be. I was expecting us to get toweled up and the boys to fold, similar to how they did in Canberra. However, I've got to give credit where credit is due to our boys. The effort was there. They really put in, had a genuine crack, and tried extremely hard. That South Sydney spirit was back on show, and they put a bit of pride back in their performance. I can't fault the effort at all.

Especially against a top four side. I know the Sharks aren't great, they played pretty poorly and we are probably lucky they weren't on, but to be honest, I thought we made them play like that somewhat. Our defensive intent was back, the physicality was better and the scramble was really good at times as we saved a couple of tries. We also forced them into a few errors and frustrated them a little which was good to see.

So yea, a pretty good performance effort wise.

But last night was simply just a case of running out of troops. It really was. No one in our backline, apart from Wighton maybe is a genuine game breaker and it showed. We were all at sea in attack. The side had the firepower to get up there, but we just couldn't put it together at their end. Had nothing there really. Asked bugger all questions and I don't think we ever looked like scoring. And that's simply because we don't have the troops. It was a reserve grade backline, let's be honest. Throw Cody and Latrell in there, and I think even Cronulla fans would say that game is quite different. We just couldn't score and that cost us the win.

That's not making excuses, just a reality.

It's still extremely disappointing to not get the result and I'm a bit gutted with that, but I think we can't be too disheartened.

I'm proud of the boys to be honest.