What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
No doubt Hornby's changes regarding Keaon to lock have been in consultation with Wayne. Wayne has always liked to increase players' utility value and have them able to cover multiple positions to increase the value of his squad. Keaon is now playing middle, starting at lock and then joining the prop rotation for a spell when Cam moves to lock mid-game after starting at edge and moving back there later in the game.

Mitchell is a very good fullback and is good for the team back there. Just because he isn't a big metre gaining type like Edwards or Tedesco doesn't matter. He is a high try assist and line break assist fullback and that will do me.

We need forwards and outside back reinforcements for depth because we have been smashed by injuries this season on top of the turmoil to start the season. In the halves, we have a very good partnership developing with Jack and Cody gelling but with Dodd coming next year, we will have to sit back and watch the master coach do his thing. And Humphries and Mamo will duel it out in the preseason to see who gets the #9 jumper just as Dodd will have to prove himself at training and in the trials next year.

Plenty to be worked out before then.

Bateman? I have no doubt Wayne could get him back to his best and if we get Aitkin as well, that's a fairly handy and mobile pair of edge forwards. But then where does Wayne pick Cam and Keaon? Keaon to prop?
Jai Arrow, Keaon and Cam are the best and starting back row we got. Everyone else are backups. The holes are in the front row. I don't want Jai there because he got damaged. Keaon could do it, but he himself said in an interview that it was harder than being lock. We need to bring in props. F..k Bateman, I want TPJ

callmack1

Staff member
From the Daily Telegraph, if this is Wayne's recommendation, then it can only be a good thing.

BENNETT LANDS NEW MAN​

The changes keep coming at Parramatta this time with head of performance Trent Elkin who is set to join Wayne Bennett at South Sydney.

Jason Ryles is putting his stamp on his coaching staff having already told interim coach Trent Barrett that his services would not be required beyond this year. Elkin too has been on the lookout for a new club. It is understood he is close to accepting a deal to be part of Bennett’s coaching staff at South Sydney. Rabbitohs interim coach Ben Hornby will remain on Bennett’s staff, so too will David Furner. The Rabbitohs remain on the lookout for another assistant coach to join their ranks.

Elkin has spent the past five seasons at the Eels having had a long stint at Cronulla before that.

Bennett’s long-term high performance guru Jeremy Hickmans – who has worked with Bennett at Brisbane, Newcastle, South Sydney, St George Illawarra and more recently the Dolphins, will remain with the Dolphins next season

Bobby Moses

Juniors
I seriously think Keepie has been close to being one of our best every week at the moment A huge improvement from earlier in the year. Pulls off so many desperation tackles for a big man. Elias at hooker is not such a bad idea as cookie will leave a big defencive hole and Elias was one of our best defenders. The half / five eight choice will be interesting,,,I’m thinking Walker can’t go on forever, unfortunately. As far as props I thought Shaq was excellent before he was injured, hoping he can come back as strong.

callmack1

Staff member

This honestly sounds like nothing but pure speculation. Like Crawley has pulled it out of his arse and made it up so I won't be getting my hopes up.

If it was to happen, I wouldn't be overly excited, but I wouldn't be against it either. Bateman is a solid player, but he's not really anything special. Not since 2019 anyway. And one good Season in nine years is nothing to get excited about.

But this could all be due to the poor environment at the Tigers. Maybe here, we'd go to another level again. Who knows?

If he really wants to come, and Wayne wants him, then he'll come, and we'll see what happens from there.

But I don't think this is genuinely realistic.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Humpreys has been signed by the special one Wayne Bennet, in 1 game for manly i seen more from him then illias over 2.5 years lol.

Pangai doesnt like the hustle and bustle culture of Sydney, around south eastern suburbs he will enjoy it, as did Bennet when he was living in the south east.

Yes Muarry 1 of the best locks in comp however, if he stays at lock for Souths he will get burnt and will lead to a early retirement like Boyd Cordner.

Mitchell isnt a 1 there will be a tough convo with Bennet when he comes down. There has to be blind freddy can see he aint a 1.

Graham has sternum issues, to avoid contact, we need a good aerial winger who can compete for kicks Graham is the 1 to fix this problem.

I hope Wayne gets Dodd firing on all cyclinders.
Stretch is still gonna cops some hits on the wing though as hes gonna be bringing the ball back and doing the shit work wingers do whilst the forwards are getting back on inside.

Eric the great

Juniors
Humpreys has been signed by the special one Wayne Bennet, in 1 game for manly i seen more from him then illias over 2.5 years lol.

Pangai doesnt like the hustle and bustle culture of Sydney, around south eastern suburbs he will enjoy it, as did Bennet when he was living in the south east.

Yes Muarry 1 of the best locks in comp however, if he stays at lock for Souths he will get burnt and will lead to a early retirement like Boyd Cordner.

Mitchell isnt a 1 there will be a tough convo with Bennet when he comes down. There has to be blind freddy can see he aint a 1.

Graham has sternum issues, to avoid contact, we need a good aerial winger who can compete for kicks Graham is the 1 to fix this problem.

I hope Wayne gets Dodd firing on all cyclinders.
Wasn’t Boyd cordner a second rower and you do more hitups from wing then centre and I think graham done his time on the wing

speedster

Juniors
Jai Arrow, Keaon and Cam are the best and starting back row we got. Everyone else are backups. The holes are in the front row. I don't want Jai there because he got damaged. Keaon could do it, but he himself said in an interview that it was harder than being lock. We need to bring in props. F..k Bateman, I want TPJ
Jai is getting fixed and should be 100 to go wherever he is selected. He is a middle primarily who can play on an edge (mainly because we have been short on quality edge men for a few seasons) but if we get ourselves some quality edges, he would be gold to have back in the middle mix.

Keaon has said he prefers edge BUT he is killing it as a middle and he needs to forget about where he prefers to play and focus on where he plays best and where the coach wants him and that is also in the middle.

Difference between lock and prop is minimal these days. It's basically 1st and 2nd hit up versus 3rd or 4th. Much of the time it's our back 5 doing a lot of the donkey work out of yardage anyways.

Fixing up our edge recruitment can help us fix our middles. Still need a couple of big boppers to add to the group especially with Tom leaving but a fully fit Arrow back to his best possie in the middle and Keaon who has gone to a new level as a middle has me feeling optimistic.

Last edited:

Latest posts