What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs State of Origin

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member

Very, very interesting teams. Queensland have obviously been forced into a few changes, NSW a bit too, but honestly, I think the NSW team looks better on paper. Even without Latrell who will be a huge loss for them, they have a far bigger and more superior forward pack, while still having a solid backline.

Queensland's side looks good but where I think it falls over is the bench. A hooker and a small utility in a side that got smashed through the middle in Origin 2? Hmmmm, I'm not so sure about that.

However, both sides have named teams that could win. This should be a cracker!!

Congrats on being picked again skip!!

callmack1

Staff member

Jeez Madge is going all out!!! I love how fiery he is!

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
Origin decider eve!! Feels like Christmas eve!

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
Origin day!!!!! And a happy Origin day to all of you out there.

Say what you like about Origin, I don't care, but personally, I freaking love it and I am beyond hyped for tonight. Like, I have butterflies in my stomach kind of hype. It's a decider, basically like a Grand Final, and we are hopefully in for one hell of a game of Footy tonight.

I still maintain that the 2022 decider is one of the best games of Footy I have ever seen, and if tonight is anything like that, how could you not be hyped for it?

There's so much on the line tonight. It's one of the biggest games in NSW history but if they lose, they're on the edge of ridicule. While Queensland meanwhile have the opportunity to become one of the greatest Origin sides of all time by winning three series in a row.

There is nothing like a decider at Suncorp and boy am I ready. I'm going to milk this for every bit of enjoyment I can.

I go for Queensland in Origin, but I don't really care who wins. All I want is a great game. The last two have been fizzers and haven't really felt like Origin, so hoping for something different tonight.

I'm gonna go Queensland to win 24-16.

Let's goooooooooo!!!!

Enjoy your Origin Football.

callmack1

Staff member

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I thought Luai was close to MOM, great in defense, always probing with his runs, that break down the left side to set up Best in the corner was magnificent.

Most people, including myself, wouldn't have had him in the team, especially after the Chin was ruled out, but he was great the whole series, he stepped out of the Chin's shadow, and really developed as a ball player.

callmack1

Staff member
Stayed up late as watching the game last night and been at work all day today tired as f**k but still absolutely buzzing from that game!

Seriously, that is one of the best Origins I have seen in recent years, certainly the best since the 2022 decider. It was off the charts. Seriously, absolutely nuts. Insane! Normally, you'd look at that score and think it was a boring game with bugger all tries, but that was anything but! It had it all. Footy at it's best, Origin at its best.

The physicality was the fiercest I have seen in a game of League, and I don't know if I've seen two teams keep it up for that long.

You have to take your hats off to both teams really. NSW were certainly the better side. They played most of the game in Queensland's half, defended the chances that Queensland did have, and they won the moments with some big plays. Those two tries were simply incredible. Winning a decider at Suncorp is just about the most daunting task in our great game, and they've just done it, the third team ever to do it and thus, creating their own slice of history. I didn't know if we'd ever see it happen again, but that team is something different so congrats to them.

But you also have to tip your hat to Queensland. Their courage, desire and resilience to withstand that much pressure and constantly turn NSW away with the physicality they did is no mean feat. It's something to be commended. And while it wasn't enough to win, it's an effort that won't be forgotten.

Gutted to see the Maroons lose, but also happy for NSW and I know there would be a lot of people on this forum extremely stoked today so happy for you too!

It's cliche, but Rugby League really was the winner of the day. What. A. Game!!!!

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member

I simply cannot believe the knee-jerk overreaction to this from the NRL. I can understand the sin-binning, and I can understand that a player coming from the bench to get involved in a melee probably isn't the best look for the game, but to charge our skipper, Cam Murray with a grade 3?? That is an absolute f**king joke! As I said, it's not the best look, I admit that, but this is Origin for f**k sake. Cam was doing what any player would in that situation and protecting his teammate, as a good leader should. I lot of people are commending him on that.

There were no punches thrown. How the f**k is it a grade 3?!! And we now have to go without our skipper for the next two crucial games. For f**k sake NRL get a grip!

Eric the great

Juniors

I simply cannot believe the knee-jerk overreaction to this from the NRL. I can understand the sin-binning, and I can understand that a player coming from the bench to get involved in a melee probably isn't the best look for the game, but to charge our skipper, Cam Murray with a grade 3?? That is an absolute f**king joke! As I said, it's not the best look, I admit that, but this is Origin for f**k sake. Cam was doing what any player would in that situation and protecting his teammate, as a good leader should. I lot of people are commending him on that.

There were no punches thrown. How the f**k is it a grade 3?!! And we now have to go without our skipper for the next two crucial games. For f**k sake NRL get a grip!
Yep they just pull the grades from a hat and just adds to the lack of trust everyone has in the match review committee it’s like a lottery