What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Trial 2 - Vs Roosters

callmack1

Staff member
Looking forward to this game as we take on the Roosters in Round 2 of the Pre-Season Challenge at Belmore on Friday night.

Feels a bit odd to be playing the arch rivals in a Pre-Season trial, it certainly won't have the same feeling as a regular game but we still hate them and want to beat them nonetheless, even in a trial. It's going to be even weirder that this is essentially a NSW Cup trial as most of the top 30 will be over in Vegas. There will literally be none of the top guys playing. It will be the same for Roosters though thankfully so it should still be a really good contest.

I'd say we'll field a similar side to the one that played Manly in Gosford. Those guys have shown they can be class against similar opposition so of course hoping for a win but the result really doesn't matter in this one at all. Just excited to see the baby Bunnies go at it. We'll get a good look at some young guys which will be great!

Looking forward to it!!

callmack1

Staff member

A very, very young and inexperienced side as expected but it's still a really good chance to look at some young fellas. I will mostly be keeping a close eye on Te Hau, Christensen, Brock Gray and CJ Mundine.

Gooooo the baby Bunnies!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Let’s all enjoy watching our baby Rabbitohs tonight basically our Cup side against the scum would be good to get a win! I know it doesn’t mean to much but it’s always nice beating the Rorters.

Glory Glory on ya feet at 6pm tonight LETS GO RRRAABBBIITTOOOHHHSSS!!!

callmack1

Staff member
Game day for the baby Bunnies!!!!

While this game certainly doesn't mean anything and it's nowhere near the level of an NRL game, I am still really looking forward to it! We get a glimpse into some of our young guys who we might not know a lot about, and maybe, with a few players, a glimpse into our future.

I'd love to see some guys step up tonight and really stake their claim and announce themselves, that'd be pretty cool. It's also a good chance to see where they're really at because this Roosters side will be of similar quality and a similar level.

Meaningless game in terms of the results but come on, we're playing the Roosters. While the intensity of the rivalry probably won't be there, we still hate them, and we still want to get one over the scum!

I had a thought today that this is probably one of our own games in history where we can fully just chill. Not be nervous or stressed or overly excited. There's none of the main guys playing and the result doesn't matter one bit! We don't even have to worry about injuries!! Honestly, this would be one of the only games like that I can remember.

Keen for this! Gooooooo the Baby Bunnies!!!

Glory, Glory.

callmack1

Staff member
Well that was pretty disappointing wasn't it? I wasn't expecting anything extremely outstanding but jeez, I expected better than that. Pretty damn poor.

Honestly, most of our guys out there looked really bog average and I don't want to use this word but it's probably the best way to describe them, plodders. Most of those players have nothing. I expected a pretty good contest and a decent showing against a side at a similar level but They got made to look awful. I know a lot of these guys won't even play NSW Cup, but we do have to judge it for what it is and what's in front of them and tonight was just not good enough.

Probably the only players who I was somewhat impressed with were Brock Gray, Skelton (with the ball but he was awful in defence), and Halalilo. The rest just looked bog average.

I know it means nothing for our Season really, but it'd just feel so much better to know we have some genuine stars there. Instead, we have guys coming through that are average at best.

Very disappointing.

Hellray

Juniors
Yeah sadly you could look at the roosters (if a fan) and be excited about a good handful of their up and comers. But for us I saw absolutely no one to get excited about in this game. Not one player really stood out.

Handy I agree Te Hau has held a top 30 spot for 2 seasons now (injured last year) but with a chance still to get a wing spot early with some of the injuries we have, he didn’t show much hunger to prove himself.

callmack1

Staff member