What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Squad List

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Kyle who? Bulldogs lost 7 out of 10 with him as starting half/ five-eighth before relegated to interchange.
This isn't obviously a merit-based appointment. Will be watching closely.
Noted, but by the same token Bulldogs only won 4 out of 14 when he wasn't starting in the halves. I think it's unfair to blame him for the Bulldogs struggles, but I'm not convinced he's an upgrade on Sullivan.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Has better defense that Hunt, not hard and kicks goals, but how is his play making, a solitary try assist from 17 games tells me not crash hot. Hopefully his old man can add some structure to his play.

Kyle did have 11 try assists in his last season as a young fella playing FG at the Roosters before moving on

We all know it’s a 50/50

He could evolve like Ben Hornby or Jerome Hughes or he could stay the same ie a strong reserve grade player and a solid FG bench utility in the halves hooker

I suspect his greatest opportunity is actually as a 5/8 taking a lot more pressure off our team via better kicking and better passing game on the other side of the ruck

His passing left to right is actually very very good.

Through a mean long pass left to right.

This would also allow our FB to simplify his game.

Victoire

Juniors
Kyle Flanagan is not a first grade halfback or hooker whose selection will be clouded by his relationship with the coach. He's Jake Arthur, not Nathan Cleary.
He's played 139 first grade games... only one of them under his father as coach. Bit different. More like Billy Walters perhaps.

Anyway Flanagan Sr has already publicly said Hunt is his halfback, so I don't think Kyle is playing there unless Hunt is absent.

Parko1310

Juniors
Kyle has to play reserves for mine unless there is an injury to a half/hooker in first grade. I'm completely okay with the signing if he's a backup, but not in the first grade 17 week in week out. Someone on here said a while ago we were letting go of Mullheisen. I don't really rate him that highly, but if that's the case we desperately need another hooker signed. I think we need someone who can start, so that we can bring Liddle on as the impact hooker. He plays that role better than a starting role. If we don't sign another hooker, well what if one of Flanagan or Liddle gets injured? The other is now an 80 minute option. If it's Flanagan who gets injured, Liddle is an 80 minute option and with his injury history, his body may not hold up. We could end up out of hooking options. You could make an argument Haele Finau could step up but I'm not sure he's ready. I can't see a way Flanno has let go of Mulheisen unless he's got another hooker lined up, otherwise it's reckless in my opinion.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
To be added to Sele and Flanno so far:

Hooker?
Prop?
FB?
Outside back?
Edge backrower?

I suspect we are seriously looking at another hooker to bolster our ability to gain field position from earlier plays in the tackle count.

I think Kyle Flanno is there for utility and also apply pressure on the 5/8 role which we could really benefit from. I don’t find our current 5/8 nearly smart enough nor crafty enough for us to truly be in the top8. Would Amone slot in as 5/8 in any of the top8 teams? Amone has no long kicking game and no long passing game.

For 2024 we need more metres and a more mobile defence with starch / experience and we have only added Sele so far……but we have let go 4 and maybe 5 middles ie Kerr, Woods, JHunt, NLT and maybe Musgrove?

We have altered the 2024 top30 list in the middle sort of on the run with 5 youthful emerging prop/middles ie MMolo, Alec Tuitavake, Viliami Fifita plus Couchmans x 2 but we need another experienced and strong spearhead middle to be in front of these guys. I’m guessing if BMM stays he is fighting for a middle spot?

Plus we have an interesting next wave of forwards on our list - 18,19,20yrs old next season:

Egan
Carlos Pauli
Loko Jnr PASIFIKI TONGA
Nicholas Tsougranis
Hamish Stewart
J Webster
Jett Liu
J Coric
A johnson
Buchanon

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
To be added to Sele and Flanno so far:

Hooker?
Prop?
FB?
Outside back?
Edge backrower?

I suspect we are seriously looking at another hooker to bolster our ability to gain field position from earlier plays in the tackle count.

I think Kyle Flanno is there for utility and also apply pressure on the 5/8 role which we could really benefit from. I don’t find our current 5/8 nearly smart enough nor crafty enough for us to truly be in the top8. Would Amone slot in as 5/8 in any of the top8 teams? Amone has no long kicking game and no long passing game.

For 2024 we need more metres and a more mobile defence with starch / experience and we have only added Sele so far……but we have let go 4 and maybe 5 middles ie Kerr, Woods, JHunt, NLT and maybe Musgrove?

We have altered the 2024 top30 list in the middle sort of on the run with 5 youthful emerging prop/middles ie MMolo, Alec Tuitavake, Viliami Fifita plus Couchmans x 2 but we need another experienced and strong spearhead middle to be in front of these guys. I’m guessing if BMM stays he is fighting for a middle spot?

Plus we have an interesting next wave of forwards on our list - 18,19,20yrs old next season:

Egan
Carlos Pauli
Loko Jnr PASIFIKI TONGA
Nicholas Tsougranis
Hamish Stewart
J Webster
Jett Liu
J Coric
A johnson
Buchanon
Alex Johnson left the club 6 months ago
Hayden Buchanan? Is a centre

He's played 139 first grade games... only one of them under his father as coach. Bit different. More like Billy Walters perhaps.

Anyway Flanagan Sr has already publicly said Hunt is his halfback, so I don't think Kyle is playing there unless Hunt is absent.
He will play 6 if Amone is convicted

Latest posts