What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Squad List

Dragonslayer

First Grade
A lot of conjecture around our squad for '24, so this is the latest list I could find.

Hunt B
BMM*
Lawrie
Ramsey**
Molo F
Sele
JDB
Liddle
Hunt J*
Bird
Sullivan*
Su'a
Feagai Mat
Feagai Max
Molo M
Ravalawa
Suli
Tamale
Amone***
Turner
Sloan
Fafita V
Lomax
Musgrove*
Tuitavake
Couchman T
Couchman R
Finau S

* player told can look elsewhere
** unsure due to medical reasons
*** pending court case

Musgrove signed for UK team??

So that 28 signed, not necessarily staying.

Given this and the 2 spots plus those told can look elsewhere (3) and Ramsey, that makes a possible 6 spots Available.

I hope Flanno has this covered.

(Apologies if I've missed some players)

Last edited:

Como Connection

First Grade
A lot of conjecture around our squad for '24, so this is the latest list I could find.

Hunt B
BMM*
Lawrie
Ramsey**
Molo F
Sele
JDB
Liddle
Hunt J*
Bird
Sullivan*
Su'a
Feagai Mat
Feagai Max
Molo M
Ravalawa
Suli
Tamale
Amone***
Turner
Sloan
Fafita V
Lomax
Musgrove*

*** pending court case

1 player I'm not sure about is Sione Finau and whether he has been upgraded or not. Also Musgrove signed for UK team??

So that 24 signed, not necessarily staying.

Given this and the 6 spots plus those told can look elsewhere (3) and Ramsey, that makes 10 spots.

Fui
CC

TheRev

First Grade
I listed all the possible squad changes in another thread, but you need to factor in the 6 development slots also if you are going to keep a list.. they are just as important imo..

The 2023 dev list is: Josh Coric, Sione Finau, Connor Muhleisen, Jackson Shereb, Alec Tu'itavake, RCouchman

Tui goes into the 30, SFinau into the 30, Coric stays in Dev, Shereb im hoping might get the tap.. I dont see how he fits in with all the young forwards surpassing him. Egan has a 2024 dev spot.. Hamish Stewart I believes has a 2024 dev spot... Muhleisen i dunno what they r gonna do with him.. but there are a bunch of guys we still need to find a spot for.. Herring the big one.. Treigh Stewart.. and possibly Lobb or HFinau.. like decisions need to be made if we want to lock any of them in or leave them available to other clubs.. I sort of feel Flanagan is trying to source higher calibre players first.. and if he cant, he will promote some of these ones.

TheRev

First Grade
For what’s it’s worth I don’t think Bird will make it medically plus Sloan and the two Feagais will be shown the door. Just a personal opinion.
I love all of this.. although Sloan will be here atleast until early 2024 though.. but I don't think we will have a way of spending all that money if we had it... thats another 1.5mil in cap space you just mentioned.. but its a good problem to have, even if we have to go into 2024 with a 25 man roster.. heaps of squads have horded talent.. and those that miss out on starting spots might be ripe for the picking.. although they would need releases..

Bird should get a tap on the shoulder plus (C)Hunt will probably (hopefully?) go, allowing us keep Bud, bring in Coaches Kid and go after Tino or Haas.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
On the weekend in a loosing side:

“Dragons fullback Treigh Stewart was busy in a losing side, scoring two tries, getting two linebreaks, five tackle busts and 199 running metres, while young gun Savelio Tamale, who featured in the under 19s Origin last month, was electric in the centres, finishing with a try assist, a linebreak assist, five tackle busts and 165 running metres.”

Tamale in 2024 are we thinking maybe half way thru the season he will fight for a wing or centre spot?

Or too green yet?

TheRev

First Grade
On the weekend in a loosing side:

“Dragons fullback Treigh Stewart was busy in a losing side, scoring two tries, getting two linebreaks, five tackle busts and 199 running metres, while young gun Savelio Tamale, who featured in the under 19s Origin last month, was electric in the centres, finishing with a try assist, a linebreak assist, five tackle busts and 165 running metres.”

Tamale in 2024 are we thinking maybe half way thru the season he will fight for a wing or centre spot?

Or too green yet?
Tamale is tricky.. he played wing for NSW and it was so clear he's a centre.. he didnt look comfortable at all.. but I forgot who sorry but someone who watches far more cup than most of us says he's still pretty clueless defensively.. so maybe it depends how fast he can learn now that hes in the 1st grade squad.

Stewart is still the one im curious about.. he seems to be getting more consistent all year.. but can we fix the other parts of his game.. does the club think they can? Honestly I dont know the answer.. if Sloan drops back to cup next year potentially his spot isnt there either.. Im just glad its not my problem.. sometimes he plays 6 also.. but they need to work out whats doing with Turner.

denis preston

First Grade

Hunt B
BMM*
Lawrie
Ramsey**
Molo F
Sele
JDB
Liddle
Hunt J*
Bird
Sullivan*
Su'a
Feagai Mat
Feagai Max
Molo M
Ravalawa
Suli
Tamale
Amone***
Turner
Sloan
Fafita V
Lomax
Musgrove*
Tuitavake
Couchman T
Couchman R
Finau S

*** pending court case

Musgrove signed for UK team??

So that 28 signed, not necessarily staying.

Given this and the 2 spots plus those told can look elsewhere (3) and Ramsey, that makes a possible 6 spots Available.

Hunt hopes that Flanno has it covered as well as promised or I’d say he is out of here