What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Squad List

thebigredv

First Grade
What’s your expectations for 2024?
Presuming we sign nobody of note from here, what will make you proud and stick around for another year in 2025 as a loyal supporter?
Fitness, steely determination and team unity.

win / loss cannot end well for us no matter how you look at it. Spring a few upsets maybe but it will be more about a culture that is positive than wins to have me feeling upbeat.
add a few decent signings for the following year and things will pick up.

Truthfully I don’t trust our playing group at all to deliver. Mentally, they are weak as water.

I am not able to disassociate myself with the club but trust me I would if I could.

Crush

Coach
Fitness, steely determination and team unity.

win / loss cannot end well for us no matter how you look at it. Spring a few upsets maybe but it will be more about a culture that is positive than wins to have me feeling upbeat.
add a few decent signings for the following year and things will pick up.

Truthfully I don’t trust our playing group at all to deliver. Mentally, they are weak as water.

I am not able to disassociate myself with the club but trust me I would if I could.
I’m kinda the same, I want a team that plays the entire 80 and defends for each other.
We won’t have the class to go with the top teams when they are on but hopefully upset a few on their off days, hopefully the sharks.
For me wins are important, I want 10 wins, less than that and I will be disappointed.
We will know what we’ve got by round 5, until then I’m on the bus.

thebigredv

First Grade
I’m kinda the same, I want a team that plays the entire 80 and defends for each other.
We won’t have the class to go with the top teams when they are on but hopefully upset a few on their off days, hopefully the sharks.
For me wins are important, I want 10 wins, less than that and I will be disappointed.
We will know what we’ve got by round 5, until then I’m on the bus.
Not sure where we get 10 wins from mate. On paper we are a joke even compared to some of the weaker clubs - Tigers, Titans, Dogs, Knights etc.

every season has its surprises and if we take an underdog mentality and play off it then we can reap some benefits.

Crush

Coach
Not sure where we get 10 wins from mate. On paper we are a joke even compared to some of the weaker clubs - Tigers, Titans, Dogs, Knights etc.

every season has its surprises and if we take an underdog mentality and play off it then we can reap some benefits.
Based on past seasons our roster is a joke.
But what if the players develop and play to their full potential?
I’d love to see Su’a, Suli, Lomax, Sloan, Molo, JDB absolutely fire and if they do, we will be competing.
Our roster isn’t THAT bad. It’s not good, but it’s not as bad as we think.

Gippsy

Bench
I would really love the youngsters to go up a gear, especially the Couchmen, Egan, Hamish Stewart, Tsougranis, Coric, Fifita, Tuitavaki..... Flanno especially talked up Egan and Stewart in his update to Red V members, and hinted that he expected them to both debut next season.

I dream of a Bath's babes type of revival.

Dragons4me

Juniors
I would really love the youngsters to go up a gear, especially the Couchmen, Egan, Hamish Stewart, Tsougranis, Coric, Fifita, Tuitavaki..... Flanno especially talked up Egan and Stewart in his update to Red V members, and hinted that he expected them to both debut next season.

I dream of a Bath's babes type of revival.
Ah Bath's babes! What a journey that was. I remember it well.

thebigredv

First Grade
Knights Weaker? I don't think so....
I love how that’s what you take from my post. Knights overachieved, good for them. There’s no one left to compare ourselves to. Knights would be one of the consistently under perming clubs who have now left us in the dust. Just keep picking holes in others to make yourself happy or enter into a constructive conversation.

rasaint

Juniors
A note of positivity; I was lamenting our apparent inability to recruit top level players with AFB to Sharkes and Dearden extending with cows etc with a fellow dragon supporter today. It was a chance meeting and discussion started.

He acknowledged recruitment problems but said he believes that Cory Allan is a good recruitment, and has always felt the dogs weren’t a good fit for him and had nagging injuries, Hame Sele is a strong workhorse, bring in Tamale and Finau early like Panthers did with To’o and Crichton. Zac Lomax to backrower where he will be good.

We will make the 8 and surprise us all.

steerlerbab

Juniors
We still be 3 spots to fill, but if we don't fill them by the beginning of the year, my likely team to start would be as follows:

Allan (FB)
Rawalava (Wing)
Lomax (Centre)
Suli (Centre)
Sloan (Finau or Feagai if Sloan still injured)
Flanno (5/8)
Hunt (half)
De Belin (lock)
Sua (second)
Couchman (second)
F. Molo (middle)
Lawrie (middle)
Liddle (hooker)

Mulheisen (14, cover hooker, half 5/8)
Bird (coves second, centre, lock)
Eisenhuh (second, middle)
BMM (second, middle)

M.Molo (18th)

Parko1310

Juniors
We still be 3 spots to fill, but if we don't fill them by the beginning of the year, my likely team to start would be as follows:

Allan (FB)
Rawalava (Wing)
Lomax (Centre)
Suli (Centre)
Sloan (Finau or Feagai if Sloan still injured)
Flanno (5/8)
Hunt (half)
De Belin (lock)
Sua (second)
Couchman (second)
F. Molo (middle)
Lawrie (middle)
Liddle (hooker)

Mulheisen (14, cover hooker, half 5/8)
Bird (coves second, centre, lock)
Eisenhuh (second, middle)
BMM (second, middle)

M.Molo (18th)
Forgot about Sele. Just from a small snippet of the CEO and coach update video, it looks to me like currently the starting three middles will be Sele (lock), Lawrie and F Molo (props). Su'a was lining up at left edge forward rather than right which was interesting, with K Flanagan outside him, and Suli and Feagai the centre and winger respectively. Liddle starting hooker.

TheRev

First Grade
Su'a seemed so skillful on the right side, he runs like a centre at times, but maybe he's capable on both..

And yah if we get no injuries/suspensions to our props.. sele/lawrie/fmolo/jdb are capable.. they wont defeat the big teams, but hopefully they wont get dominated either (kicking out of our 20 etc like has been the case)... but its probably that last bench spot or 2 that has been a let down for us in recent years.. dunno what they will do with TCouch yet.. but either MMolo, Fifita or Tui.. if one of them comes on it would really help our cause.. and I think Fifita/Tui if they stay healthy could provide some bench impact.. hopefully something like Kerr was doing.. I know he polarises fans on here, he turned games with his energetic running, aerial skills and offloads.

Its a passable pack, its just that 15 of the 16 teams have significantly better rep players dispersed throughout their packs.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
The best part of this news

Moses Suli extends for three years

Author
Dragons.com.au
dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sat 23 Dec 2023, 11:50 AM

Working Saturday before Xmas

I like it

Flanno cracking the whip saying no matter what….no matter what…….you will be doing a positive media release before Xmas

thebigredv

First Grade
I, like most, am happy with Suli's resigning. He certainly has potential to be a damaging player and is not a boring one. The reviews throughout the last couple years of his game have been mixed, and fairly so. I have been resistant to criticise him just because when the team is going so bad you can't always expect a centre to do it all (see Lomax's career to date).

He has been involved in some HORRIBLE lapses of defence and has been one-dimensional in attack, he's slower than average, and with the exception of one or two games almost never finds the try line or sets the winger up. That being said he has a better coach now who will expect more, and a serious long term commitment to the club. Conversely, last year he was pretty much dissing the club by saying he didn't want to come - which seems like a weighty insight given the recent string of failed signings. It actually feels odd, wasn't the first player I would expect to recommit to us, hopefully something more to it than just convenience...

Anyway, all power to him.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal

Market Watch: Dragons land Warriors youngster, Dolphins poach Tiger​

The Dragons have received a much needed boost to their halves depth, with a Warriors star joining the Red V immediately, while the Dolphins have landed a Tigers speedster for 2025.

Was reading an article in the Telegraph at lunchtime on the gun rookies at the different clubs.
I really think how well we go in 2024 is going to depend on a few of these young guys stepping up.
It was all about the players we already know about.
The 2 Manly forwards, Egan, Stewart and Tamale.
Did not know that Fifita had copped a fractured sternum prior to the knee injury that saw him play very little football for the Dragons last season.
Appears to be fully fit now.
The article again mentioned that Egan is the one who is most likely to make his first grade debut in 2024.
I think if we did pick up a David Klemmer styled experienced forward for 24/25 they could really help in the development of all these young forwards we have coming through the grades.