What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 State of Origin Series (Mens Edition)

pazzaeel

Juniors
Come on Moses is the 3rd best halfback in the game behind DCE & Cleary.

In fact i reckon Moses is better then DCE at club level.

DCE has gotten better at Origin with more experience.
not saying that he shouldn't play game 2, i am just saying that he wont be the difference between us winning and losing.

Eelectrica

Referee
My bro tells me that in rugby, a new rule is that a sent off (red card) player can be replaced after 20 mins.

<googles>

I wouldn’t mind something like that actually.

Refs are more likely to send someone off when warranted and the game can still be a contest. Team with a player off still loses an interchange. As in 3 on the bench instead of 4.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I thought you blokes did well to keep in the game despite being a man down for nearly all of it.

I know he gets through a ton of work but geez Payne Haas doesn’t really stamp his authority on these games… ever.

Jake is Dan Alvaro at rep level, I hope you guys stick with him for ages :D

King-Gutho94

Coach
I thought you blokes did well to keep in the game despite being a man down for nearly all of it.

I know he gets through a ton of work but geez Payne Haas doesn’t really stamp his authority on these games… ever.

Jake is Dan Alvaro at rep level, I hope you guys stick with him for ages :D
I have been saying Payne Haas is a fraud at origin level for 4 years.

12 Origin games NSW have won 4 wins 8 losses with him there.

NSW won game 3 last year when he wasn't there yes it was a dead rubber but Reg was the number 1 front rower.

He gets all these wraps with these awesome super coach stats but what impact does he have on games you never see it. He rarely has a moment which stands out as a game turner.

What ever year it was he and Tino got in a stoush in Sydney.

The following game Tino come out before the game and said he would take it personally and he did.

Tino basically bashed NSW in the decider that year while Haas did SFA and tried to talk everything down about the incident in the leadup.

Gronk

Staff member
Joseph Sua'ali'i

He has been charged with a Grade Two reckless high tackle offence, which will see him suspended for four matches with an early guilty plea or five matches if he unsuccessfully contests the charge at the judiciary.

yy_cheng

Coach
That one tackle I guess ruins the origin series which ruins about 30 games of NRL footy.
I don't see why they don't do a stand alone game like they used to and game 3 only an option if needed. Imagine the NBA saying we will play game 7 even if series is over. It is laughable.
Broadcasters rule to roost buddy

Gazzamatta

Coach
I dont want him.

Here is too much trouble maybe not personally but his parents see him as a bread winner and thats why he is a mercenary. After the dollar and will milk everything they can get.

His managed by Issac Moses as well which doesn't help things.

I dont feel sorry for souths but seriously he did the wrong thing by them.

They looked after him since he was 12 years old they would even send there minders out to Glenmore Park and get him to and back from training to help the parents out because they were so keen on the kid from a young age.

What did he do to repay pissed off to the Roosters at 17 years old becuase he was demanding 100 clauses where Wayne Bennett eventually said who the hell are you to demand all this shit and what have you actually done.

The family didnt like the truth.

I think there and then i realised he wasn't worth the hassle. I dont think he has justified the hype that was put on him either. Jarryd Hayne was making 100x more impact as a 20 year old then what Suualii has done in his whole career.
How quickly we forget that there is more to a player than talent. I definitely recognise his ability but your arguments are very well made. Points taken KG.
Fu*k him! 😁

golfer

Juniors
I wouldn’t mind something like that actually.

Refs are more likely to send someone off when warranted and the game can still be a contest. Team with a player off still loses an interchange. As in 3 on the bench instead of 4.
I have always been of the opinion if a player is sinbinned for foul play and the player they fouled goes for a head injury assessment and fails it then the sin binned player takes no further part in the game. He can be replaced after the 10 minutes which means both teams are down to 16 players.

eel01s

Bench
29 minutes for Jurbo. What a joke. Get rid of him and Yeo and get some forwards with a bit of intimidation about them.

Hynes was terrible again, but NSW did not have much option for game 1.

Madge took too long to make the adjustment to the defensive line after Suuali got sent.