What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 State of Origin Series (Mens Edition)

King-Gutho94

Coach
NSW arent Penrith. I dont think they manage the same team cohesiveness - we have still lacked the attitude at times .... Qld manage to bring it most of the time and play as a team.

Gus called it out 2 years ago.

We were too Pantherised as great as they are it doesn't translate to origin success.

Game 1 last year Lindsay Collins ran past 5 Penrith players to outleap Tedesco to score the winning try it was embarrassing.

Edwards coming in though is the right call.

strider

Post Whore
I believe 1%'ers and x-factor are different things.

1%ers are considered the little extra efforts that arent overly glamourous, but collectively make a difference.

Cloeel

Juniors

We were too Pantherised as great as they are it doesn't translate to origin success.

Game 1 last year Lindsay Collins ran past 5 Penrith players to outleap Tedesco to score the winning try it was embarrassing.

Majority of Gus' opinions in the media are a loaded gun, for some sort of agenda.

Id take whatever his opinion is with a grain of salt.

Similar to his comments about BA getting the sack.

strider

Post Whore

It doesnt matter that they were 5 panthers players, its that they werent playing for the panthers at the time and I reckon werent in the same mindset.

The NRL Panthers have shit games too, but when they are switched on they have an extra level. ..... i think they DO get switched on for Penrith, but not necessarily for NSW.

Gronk

Staff member

strider

Post Whore
I think you're playing semantics.

No semantics.

I was always of the belief ...

X factor == flashy unexpected stuff

1%ers == extra affort, often unglamorous, but makes a difference

Infact, the AFL has an actual stat called 1%ers which is based on things like smothers, tap ons, etc which are efforts but not flashy

Incorrect

Coach
No semantics.

Infact, the AFL has an actual stat called 1%ers which is based on things like smothers, tap ons, etc which are efforts but not flashy
Ash "The Flash" Graham was good at the 1%'s but an X-factor he wasn't!!!

the phantom menace

First Grade
(Phantom's version)

Taylor Swift Hair Flip GIF by MOODMAN

King-Gutho94

Coach
No semantics.

You lost me at AFL

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No semantics.

This is spot on. No semantics. Gronk is playing stupids.