What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 T20 World Cup (Hosts USA and West Indies)

TheParraboy

Staff member
This WC isn't on fox sports

Need to sign up to prime video and stream

simmo1

First Grade
I have read that the super 8 seedings are already determined and that it doesn't matter if we finish 1 or 2 in the group, we will be in the super 8 group with India, West Indies and Sri Lanka. Essentially our group game against England is meaningless assuming neither of us lose toany of the minnows.

King-Gutho94

Coach
This WC isn't on fox sports

Need to sign up to prime video and stream

I am assuming my Amazon Prime Membership covers this and won't need to upgrade.

I haven't watched sport on Amazon Prime yet so interesting how it goes

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I am assuming my Amazon Prime Membership covers this and won't need to upgrade.

I haven't watched sport on Amazon Prime yet so interesting how it goes

Stan also have a sports package for Football and Union, its an additional package for $15/month

I'm willing to bet there'll be no free lunch at Amazon as well. They generally dont give shit away.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Stan also have a sports package for Football and Union, its an additional package for $15/month

I'm willing to bet there'll be no free lunch at Amazon as well. They generally dont give shit away.
Ill find out sunday if the Live TV thing works with my current subscription.

USA v Canada Sunday morning 10am is already promoted on my Amazon Prime app.

TheParraboy

Staff member
With the prime video, Says there is a 30 day trial period then $9.99 per month (or $79 per year) edit: forgot to mention can cancel anytime

Basically will cost me 10 bucks to watch Australia win the World Cup , can’t go wrong 🖐️🤝

Last edited:
I have read that the super 8 seedings are already determined and that it doesn't matter if we finish 1 or 2 in the group, we will be in the super 8 group with India, West Indies and Sri Lanka. Essentially our group game against England is meaningless assuming neither of us lose toany of the minnows.
Didn’t they do this in the 2007 World Cup so they knew which super 8s game would be Pakistan vs India, which allowed them to sell the TV rights in India for that one game separately and make a fortune.

Then both got turfed out in the group stage and that game ended up being Ireland vs Bangladesh

King-Gutho94

Coach
Didn’t they do this in the 2007 World Cup so they knew which super 8s game would be Pakistan vs India, which allowed them to sell the TV rights in India for that one game separately and make a fortune.

Then both got turfed out in the group stage and that game ended up being Ireland vs Bangladesh
What a great day that was i remember Bangladesh beat India & Ireland beat Pakistan on the same morning it was a Sunday as well.

Both games finished around the same time and both were gone from tournament after 5 days.

As that initial group stage only had 3 games. Its why that format will never be done again as 1 bad day and the Indians were gone.

What a great day that was i remember Bangladesh beat India & Ireland beat Pakistan on the same morning it was a Sunday as well.

Both games finished around the same time and both were gone from tournament after 5 days.

As that initial group stage only had 3 games. Its why that format will never be done again as 1 bad day and the Indians were gone.
My memory of that World Cup was that our ODI form was poor and we would be lucky to make the semis. About halfway through the super 8s that changed to “this tournament is way too long, can we just play the semis now.

The format was ridiculous but seeing everything backfire so spectacularly on India and Pakistan was glorious, although what happened to Woolmer put it all into perspective.

simmo1

First Grade
The pitch in Dallas for the opening game is a bit like Lords with a big slope at one end. Lee Harvey Oswald used to make good use of it.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Starts tomorrow, June 2.

Game 1: USA 🇺🇸 v Canada 🇨🇦 in Dallas, Texas.

Fun fact: the first international cricket match was this match up in 1844.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Starts tomorrow, June 2.

Game 1: USA 🇺🇸 v Canada 🇨🇦 in Dallas, Texas.

Fun fact: the first international cricket match was this match up in 1844.

Fascinating scorecard

Tricky little totals each innings

15 byes Top scorer for the match in Canadas 1st innings

Only 5 bowlers uses for the match

Canada Flag
Canada
82 & 63
United States of America Flag
United States of America
(T:82) 64 & 58
Canada won by 23 runs

Fascinating scorecard

Canada Flag
Canada
82 & 63
United States of America
(T:82) 64 & 58
Canada won by 23 runs

would have been some skiddy little seamer’s and spinners in this one. Always love when the tricky low total is too tricky.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Fascinating scorecard

Canada Flag
Canada
82 & 63
United States of America