What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 TV and Streaming Ratings Discussion

Starkers

Bench
Ch7's Head of Sport and Melbourne network Manager has been sacked, along with plenty others at 7.

Not sure if you draw a direct line to the above termination and AFLs ratings?

here

Billythekid

First Grade
Ch7's Head of Sport and Melbourne network Manager has been sacked, along with plenty others at 7.

Not sure if you draw a direct line to the above termination and AFLs ratings?

here
I think that’s a reach tbh. I will say that things don’t exactly look great at any FTA network and it does make you wonder about the future of sports broadcasts in this country. I’ve got no doubt internally both the AFL and NRL must be spending a lot of time thinking about this.

docbrown

Coach
I think that’s a reach tbh. I will say that things don’t exactly look great at any FTA network and it does make you wonder about the future of sports broadcasts in this country. I’ve got no doubt internally both the AFL and NRL must be spending a lot of time thinking about this.
Any FTA network without NRL or AFL will struggle to exist in the future.

shewi6

Juniors
Is there a possibility in a 20 team comp that more than 1 fta channel will have the rights to some games? Like in the nfl.

Will it create more value for the nrl whilst splitting the cost burden on the networks?

Same with the streamers owned by the fta players. At least really make foxtel pay for their exclusivity.

Billythekid

First Grade
Any FTA network without NRL or AFL will struggle to exist in the future.
Any FTA network with NRL or AFL will also struggle to exist in the future. My point is more that the landscape is rapidly changing and the NRL and AFL must surely be preparing for that. It’s not even necessarily a bad thing unless you’re caught unprepared.

docbrown

Coach
Any FTA network with NRL or AFL will also struggle to exist in the future. My point is more that the landscape is rapidly changing and the NRL and AFL must surely be preparing for that. It’s not even necessarily a bad thing unless you’re caught unprepared.
I've said the same myself multiple times. But live sport is one of the few things that are propping them up.

I've also said before that the NRL and AFL should prepare themselves for a potential period of stagnating and even backwards movement in broadcast rights as the transition occurs.

Wb1234

Referee
NRL is rating higher this year but that’s more on fox and kayo right? I thought the AFL generally rates around the same or higher on FTA.
Their fta have been poor

mostly even with the nrl or less

So annoying fox are the ones who paid most of the extra money for the increased afl rights