What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 TV and Streaming Ratings Discussion

Pippen94

First Grade
According to Nine

State of Origin Game 3 secured a National Total TV Reach of 5.426 million and a Total TV National Audience of 3.652 million - up 44.7% year-on-year.

State of Origin Game 3 was the highest rating match since Game 1 2016, and the highest rating Game 3 since 2013 (based on overnight using TAM/VPM).

State of Origin Game 3 recorded a BVOD audience of 864,000 on 9Now:

Highest rating program of all time on 9Now,
the three games in the series take out the highest rating programs on 9Now
Second highest rating live program of all time (across all broadcasters)
Up 83.1% year-on-year

State of Origin Game 3 was the No. 1 program of the night in:
Sydney - Total TV Audience of 979,000
Melbourne - Total TV Audience of 318,000
Brisbane - Total TV Audience of 848,000

State of Origin Game 3 was the No. 2 program of the night in:
Adelaide - Total TV Audience of 85,000
Perth - Total TV Audience of 142,000

So much for declining tv ratings. People still watch big events. Really should put NRL in box seat for huge rights deal.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

Bvod and 5 city so far. Great numbers
It's not just the game, those pre and post game ratings are enormous. No wonder Origin is the jewel in the crown of Australian broadcasting

Have faith mate, St Peter will make it right 😉
I have no faith in him. Much of the stuff he does is for the benefit of Racing NSW. I'm convinced that the only reason he's pushing the Las Vegas gambit is because some states in America have legalised sports betting. He's hoping punters from America will take a punt on betting on our teams. Racing NSW stands to benefit from that because American punters will be more likely to bet on horse racing than a game they don't understand.

I read some where that Racing NSW gets a slice of the money that betting companies in NSW make from NRL.

Latest posts