What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 TV and Streaming Ratings Discussion

Weird that the Melbourne numbers seem to stay roughly the same with or without storm playing in the GF based on this year v last year
I would suggest that when you have an NRL team in your city the media it gets tends to mean that sports fans really can`t help but be aware of NRL`s existence and probably keep a casual eye on it. Much more likely to tune into the big day in that case.
Great signs for Rugby League`s future in that state as NRL becomes more and more an accepted part of the sporting landscape.

Wb1234

Immortal
With expansion to 20 teams nrl will beat afl by around 70 to 80 million viewers

Over time that will grow to double the fumblers numbers

All their past and future expansion sides are ratings disasters

Billythekid

First Grade
Just a few thoughts about the GF ratings. The AFL obviously did well and they clearly benefit from having a presence in all major markets. As the NRL expands particularly in Perth we can help close this gap.

Just to demonstrate a bit about the impact of SOO I was looking back at how they rated in Sydney and Brisbane compare to the GF. In Sydney 2 of the 3 games rated higher than the GF and game 3 rated about 60K higher even with a Sydney team in the GF.

In Brisbane game 2 rated slightly lower than the GF but games 1 and 3 rated significantly higher, Close to 300K more in the case of game 3.

IMO this may dampen the Brisbane and Sydney numbers somewhat for the GF. In particular I think in QLD SOO is a major event snd if there are no QLD sides in the GF I think ratings will suffer as a result.

This isn’t a bad thing either, it potentially means our GF will struggle to match the AFL but we also end up with 4 games that rate like a GF.

It’s interesting that SOO rates around the same in Perth and Adelaide as the GF. Kinda just shows what the baseline interest is in NRL in those states.

I also think the Melbourne numbers are a big positive. For all the talk about how AFL is taking over QLD and NSW the storm have done quite well building up solid crowds and ratings. Even

Latest posts