What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 TV and Streaming Ratings Discussion

Wb1234

Immortal
Not really given they arent a for profit company, sports invest their surpluses back into their strategic objectives. So if they are spending a lot more on jnrs or clubs or growing assets and making zero bottom line they are arguably doing their job better than if they were to not spend in those areas and make a big annual surplus whilst those areas are neglected. There’ll be a level of retained cash and other assets a code is comfortable with, everything else should be spent on making it bigger and better.
I’m not trying to be mean but this is beyond your abilities

The_Wookie

Bench
My point was is that your revenue comparison is heavily flawed

Im not even sure you know what the revenue comparison is. Its HQ v HQ - When VLANDYS mentions more than 701m - hes not talking cumulative revenues across the league.

Heck let’s add the billion in cumulative leagues clubs revenues to the 720 million revenue.

Sure and lets add the cumulative revenues for the AFL clubs while we're at it, but again thats not what Vlandys was talking about

Afl clubs aggregate gambling revenues with other revenues so perhaps league clubs should do the same

You realise that there are several leagues clubs that own their NRL clubs and combine their respective reports. This includes the likes of Parra, Panthers, Cowboys, Raiders, Wests, Newcastle, etc.

That is not what the article compared.

And besides we can do the comparisons without leagues clubs and pokie revenues thanks to the SMH and an NRL report into club commercial revenues earlier this year.

Wb1234

Immortal
Im not even sure you know what the revenue comparison is. Its HQ v HQ - When VLANDYS mentions more than 701m - hes not talking cumulative revenues across the league.

Sure and lets add the cumulative revenues for the AFL clubs while we're at it, but again thats not what Vlandys was talking about

You realise that there are several leagues clubs that own their NRL clubs and combine their respective reports. This includes the likes of Parra, Panthers, Cowboys, Raiders, Wests, Newcastle, etc.

And besides we can do the comparisons without leagues clubs and pokie revenues thanks to the SMH and an NRL report into club commercial revenues earlier this year.
Again funding for rugby league juniors comes largely from leagues club

Funding for afl juniors comes largely from afl house

So it’s one reason why revenue comparisons like you made are flawed

I mentioned other reasons as well

But if you are comfortable running that narrative good for you

Wb1234

Immortal
And fumblers are including a govt grant of 125 million in afl revenue for this comparison of nrl v afl

lol they are totally delusional

The_Wookie

Bench

which again is not a revenue matter, but an expense one. Your other reasons are just as daft.

The_Wookie

Bench
And fumblers are including a govt grant of 125 million in afl revenue for this comparison of nrl v afl

lol they are totally delusional

ok thats fair enough. the 102.6m in stadium development funding we'll exclude for you. Takes AFL revenue from 1.063 billion down to 960.9 million.....and still well ahead of the NRls 701m.

Wb1234

Immortal
which again is not a revenue matter, but an expense one. Your other reasons are just as daft.
Not nrls fault your game has high expenses is it

If you want to compare like for like including all the revenue sources

I get it

Pvl said rugby league was number one, you didn’t like the sound of that and responded

Wb1234

Immortal

I get it

Pvl said rugby league was number one, you didn’t like the sound of that and responded

Take out stadium revenue and include profits and we’re close enough

Matt_CBY

Juniors
lol, I guess you’ve realised you dont know what you’re talking about? And there was me thinking we were having a reasonable conversation.
You don’t have reasonable conversations. You attack things out of emotion and go around and around in circles without ever comprehending anything that’s told to you.

Matt_CBY

Juniors

Wests haven’t been in the competition since 1998.

Why is everyone named Jason a f**kwitt. Must be the male equivalent of Karen

The_Wookie

Bench
Wests haven’t been in the competition since 1998.

Why is everyone named Jason a f**kwitt. Must be the male equivalent of Karen

Yeah like it wasnt shortened for Wests Tigers. A fact Im certain you know, but decided to be a pendant about.

and stooping real low with the personal attacks dude. But hey, keep being you buddy.

The_Wookie

Bench

And I never said it was. Your the one bitching about expenses, even though Vlandys didnt mention them either.

I get it

Vlandys didnt see fit to exclude anything from his, why would I for the AFL?

I have literally said they were number one where average tv ratings were concerned. Said this more than once.

when it comes to revenue, the ARLC lags behind. Thats simple maths, with or without grants or anything else youd like to exclude. The NRL is aiming for a billion sometime soon, the AFL will almost certainly achieve it this year.

Wb1234

Immortal
And I never said it was. Your the one bitching about expenses, even though Vlandys didnt mention them either.

I have literally said they were number one where average tv ratings were concerned. Said this more than once.

when it comes to revenue, the ARLC lags behind. Thats simple maths, with or without grants or anything else youd like to exclude. The NRL is aiming for a billion sometime soon, the AFL will almost certainly achieve it this year.
When idiot fumblers say afl is taking over in qld or will take over in nsw do you also rush to twitter to correct them ?

Or is it only when rugby league people say things you don’t like you correct

The_Wookie

Bench
Take out stadium revenue and include profits and we’re close enough

Sure, when you remove the Gambaro Hotel and Quest Woolooware Bay Hotel revenue

Also AFL revenue from Docklands in 2023....
During the year the Company received rent and commercial revenue totalling $29.6 million from the Marvel Stadium group of companies, being AFL Stadia Pty Ltd, AFL Stadia (Docklands) Pty Ltd, AFL Developments Pty Ltd, Stadium Operations Limited, Melbourne Stadiums Limited and Medallion Club (Melbourne) Pty Ltd (2022: $28.5 million). The Company also spent $6.7 million on capital expenditure for the Marvel Stadium group of companies (2022: $25.8 million).

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Yeah like it wasnt shortened for Wests Tigers. A fact Im certain you know, but decided to be a pendant about.

and stooping real low with the personal attacks dude. But hey, keep being you buddy.
Wests has been Western Suburbs Magpies for 116 years. WT = Short form for Wests Tigers as “Wests Tigers” is the full moniker name of the club.

You might know this if you weren’t an AFL fan

Perth Red

Post Whore

Not sure about other states but in wa the funding for jnrs comes from the wafc who receive a fair chunk of money from the two clubs. Afl pays to increase participation mostly, as does the nrl. Just nrl spends a lot less.

Matt_CBY

Juniors

Quoting yourself. Wow.

Latest posts