What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 (W) Origin III - Thu 27 Jun - QLD 22-6 NSW @ QLD Country Bank

Series: QLD (W) v NSW (W)

• Queensland (W)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • New South Wales (W)

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep Hilder decided to pick a highly questionable halves pairing including Corban Baxter who hasn’t played in the halves in years and Rachel Pearson who led Parra to the wooden spoon last year. She had Kirra Dib and Jesse Southwell at her disposal who won a comp together as a combo

Was looking the goods until the last 20 in Newcastle I guess.

Seage

Juniors
Because she doesn’t play for the roosters. Hilder chose all her roosters mates and got the result she deserved
Exactly this. Those Rooster women have failed time and again in the big matches. How the halves couldn't leverage that strike backline for any points is beyond me. And throw in the derp efforts from Tonegato and it was classic NSW game 3 hubris in Queensland once again.

aqua_duck

Coach
Exactly this. Those Rooster women have failed time and again in the big matches. How the halves couldn't leverage that strike backline for any points is beyond me. And throw in the derp efforts from Tonegato and it was classic NSW game 3 hubris in Queensland once again.
There no rhyme or reason to Hilder’s selection strategy. In 2022 Kirra Dibb was close to player of the match for NSW, she then helps the knights to the premiership alongside Jesse Southwell, you’d think the logically halves combo for 2023 would be Southwell and Dibb but for some reason Hilder decides Pearson and Southwell are the winning combination despite both being organising halves and in game one it just doesn’t work, Pearson gets dropped and they win game 2, Southwell then goes on to win a second premiership whilst Pearson wins a wooden spoon and somehow Hilder decides Pearson is the halfback to get it done alongside Corbin Baxter who has not played in the halves in 4 years.

Latest posts