What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Week 3: FINALS Sept 27-28

King-Gutho94

Coach
Which has got nothing to do with what I just posted.
Well i think it has some merit.

The sharks have never looked like a chance of winning the comp since Flanagan got punted in 2018.

Your raving about there backline
Ramien debut in 2017 played for the Knights in 2019 before returning to Cronulla in 2020
Katoa debut in 2018
Kennedy, Mulitalo debuts were in 2019
Talakai debut in 2020
Kayal Iro in 2022

Basically there backline have been there for a good 5 years now and where it has got them no where close to a premiership.

Gronk

Staff member
Barely
Turuava and Alamoti be on peanuts
Go on, how much are Edwards, To’o, Togo, etc on. This is my point. Have you looked at Sharks F&A yet ? Thise guys have trotted out as good a season as the premium backlines.

Gronk

Staff member
Well i think it has some merit.

The sharks have never looked like a chance of winning the comp since Flanagan got punted in 2018.

Your raving about there backline
Ramien debut in 2017 played for the Knights in 2019 before returning to Cronulla in 2020
Katoa debut in 2018
Kennedy, Mulitalo debuts were in 2019
Talakai debut in 2020
Kayal Iro in 2022

Basically there backline have been there for a good 5 years now and where it has got them no where close to a premiership.
If it was that easy and comps were based on backline quality, the Roosters would win. However it’s far more complicated than that, right?

hindy111

Post Whore
Go on, how much are Edwards, To’o, Togo, etc on. This is my point. Have you looked at Sharks F&A yet ? Thise guys have trotted out as good a season as the premium backlines.

They had a very very soft draw and even Parra beat them. Come finals it was a BA like performance.
Their backline is just average. And certainly not the best. Of you where talking bang for buck perhaps you should of said in first statement and also let us know what they are getting paid.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Focus mate. The Sharks have out together the best cap compliant 1-5 in the comp the bang fir buck that they bring whilst allowing a heap of cash to be spent elsewhere is what we dream of.
You said they had the best backline in the comp now you want to move the goal posts when you have been proven wrong yet again.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
drowning help me GIF

Someone throw Gronkles a floatie before he drowns.

Gronk

Staff member
You said they had the best backline in the comp now you want to move the goal posts when you have been proven wrong yet again.
No mate, I made it clear 5 seconds later by throwing back Hindy's sombrero BS team right at him.

If you think there is a better backline, then contribute. If we had their backline, our 6,7 our forwards, we could afford to add a few more pigs. Top 4. Best backline in the comp. Run at me.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No mate, I made it clear 5 seconds later by throwing back Hindy's sombrero BS team right at him.

If you think there is a better backline, then contribute. If we had their backline, our 6,7 our forwards, we could afford to add a few more pigs. Top 4. Best backline in the comp. Run at me.
Is the company you run mini movers???

Move move move those goalposts.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I reckon Melbourne get better bang for the buck in there backline anyway

Warbrick, Howarth, Meaney haven't played Origin and wouldn't be more on then 400k.

Coates is on 450k a season as an Origin winger is a quality finisher.

Papenhuyzen is on overs when you consider his availability but his x-factor & footy smarts when he gets on the park puts him the elite category.

Zero tackle has Cronulla paying Ramien 600k & there two wingers would be on par with what Melbourne have.

Melbourne have all there money with there spine.

So theoretically Melbourne have the best backline if you want to look at bang for buck not Cronulla.

Eel candy

Juniors
Focus mate. The Sharks have out together the best cap compliant 1-5 in the comp the bang fir buck that they bring whilst allowing a heap of cash to be spent elsewhere is what we dream of.

Please sir, enlighten us on what the sharks 1-5 players are on.

Gronk

Staff member
Please sir, enlighten us on what the sharks 1-5 players are on.
Well, Sir, I don't know what the Sharks backline is on. Just as much as I don't know what the Roosters backline is on.

However sometimes, you can choose to open your eyes or just be a smartarse when it comes to value.

1727650273891.png

1727650293347.png

Gherkin

Juniors

Warbrick, Howarth, Meaney haven't played Origin and wouldn't be more on then 400k.

Papenhuyzen is on overs when you consider his availability but his x-factor & footy smarts when he gets on the park puts him the elite category.

Zero tackle has Cronulla paying Ramien 600k & there two wingers would be on par with what Melbourne have.

So theoretically Melbourne have the best backline if you want to look at bang for buck not Cronulla.
Isn't Howarth rumoured to be on 600k a year? Which is why there were rumours earlier this year that he was on the move

Gronk

Staff member

I agree that Belly has always had the same philosophy. However Paps would be on Space Stations. Agree though. Storm squeeze so much out of their backs cap.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not interested in your AM bullshit.

View attachment 94809
If you were any more full of shit it would be oozing out your pores.

You made the statement that the Sharts had the best backline in the comp. Hindy refuted that stupid statement straight away and instead of ever admitting you were wrong you want to move the goalposts and dribble shit about best value for money and the roosters don’t count blah blah blah blah.

Just admit you were wrong and outsmarted by a much sharper footballing mind so we can all move on with our day.

Latest posts