What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Squad List

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Trying to snap a frame made me realise you probably cant really tell unless they were side by side.. ur right though they arent that different in dimensions, its that explosiveness in movement that seems really different..
View attachment 90241
I just looked him up, Egan actually only 19 (turns 20 in september, or so some random website says), so hes younger than I realised.. he could have played SG Ball if they had wanted him too.... I just cant imagine he gets any slimmer or faster from here though.. surely he just gets 'huge' as he grows into his 20s with more pre-seasons, surely hes a prop within a few years? With his work ethic and skill to have played 2nd row this long, hes a chance of making it in 1st grade for sure.. its a very lightweight mobile pack though with couchmans, egan etc.. anyway its all very interesting.. probably by the time MMolo is gone, he's ready to be the backup first-grader.

Halangahu might take a similar path into the middle.. but he's a different cat.. and again too early to be sure.. Dave Fifita shows a big bloke can play 2nd row.. but u gotta be able to run over/thru/under tacklers too.
I suspect Egan probably drops back to 93kg ish after pre season with his high work rate games and young still re keeping the muscle on vs the older Victor who would hold his weight. They are both rugged but Victor pre his ACL was a bit of a weapon in the middle and even post is a very good player. Egan looks more an edge player to me vs the options we have in the middle.

But it appears a very specific loading program for Egan. He is quick enough out wide if you go back and watch his games online. He is been given 80mins stints almost every week this season at right edge and from memory (without searching) around 8 games last year in NSW CUP. That is significant for his size and age. Certianly fast tracked. SOunds like he has a good footy IQ with the raps we have heard from senior players.

They are giving him every chance to learn his craft with the men and he has 2025 with us.

For me it is the road block of RFM finding his way again. SuA not unjured and staying on..... and playing better than 2023 and Luc has so much value on the edge also. Plus JDB required at prop and TomE very difficult to dislodge from lock this season or probably next.

Those 4 dont fit into 3 and Egan added on top aint going to make the bench with out an injured player leaving the door open to get his chance. Heck that may change after another pre season. Egan and Stewart minimum will be next in line you would suspect unless one of the Couchmans were preferred in the backrow if injuries strike our best edge backrowers.

Last edited:

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Couchmans at 100kg at 20, and 190cms you would assume 5-10kgs to easily go onto their frames over the next 2 years. They will both both be rep players imo pending no injuries.
I would be looking to lock them up beyond 2025 before others come sniffing
my gut feeling looking at Fisher Harris as probably their closest prop/middle build comparison is that they could be 104kg ish middles in the future and a couple more pre seasons getting that upper body heavier.

I really rate them despite not being the traditional modern day 112kg to 120kg big man props. They are so young and doing so well. REALLY WELL for their age !!!!

They too have been massively fast tracked. I mean how many other NRL 19yr olds (built like them) played e in the middle like they did last year............quite amazing really !

TheRev

First Grade
So few have our kids have looked ready at 19yrs old.. so to have 3 of them even up a grade or 2 grades with Toby.. its impressive.. Egan isnt killing it like the Couchies are, but like you said 80mins @19yrs old against men.. 12mths of that and a preseason is going to be huge for him... we should be able to find a role for him.. 2025 will be a bit tricky because I dont think he will be overly ready and RFM is still there.. but 2026.. I think RFM and Huth prob gone.. its not that far away... Su'a & Leilua could be gone end of 2026 also...

Another thing (and touch wood etc), but injury wise the Couchies, Egan, Sloan aswell, come to mind as having rly good runs with injury.. obviously 1 incident can change that.. but they dont seem to break down the way most players, esp young players do.. I can remember maybe 1 or 2 games in 3yrs that Sloan has gone down.. this is a really valuable trait.. being a great players is really wasted if you seem to always spend 50% of the season out.

I think Hunt & Amone is another combo that came to mind before, I was certain Sullivan would get heaps of gametime, but those 2 guys just never went down... its the roulette when that playing reserve grade is.. maybe you play half a season of 1sts.. maybe you get nothing..

Lennyb

Juniors
and the Fidow Hammer as an example................approx 18months older than Sloan..............30 NRL games ahead of Sloan

I suspect by mid next season we see a much more mature well rounded Sloan..............might not be a Fidow as he is a special but Sloany will be closing the gaps in stats
Fidow debut for QLD in 21.

Cathy Freeman would have been out of place in this years U19 SOO.

The excuses and hope. I am done with, been too long.

Feel free to bring this up when he hits 80 games. I hope I am wrong and give it to me if I am, because I will take it with a smile on my face.

Draginzaaar

Bench
and the Fidow Hammer as an example................approx 18months older than Sloan..............30 NRL games ahead of Sloan

I suspect by mid next season we see a much more mature well rounded Sloan..............might not be a Fidow as he is a special but Sloany will be closing the gaps in stats
At the Knights Ponga get injured and they have 2 blokes who go straight in and play like they have played 100 games.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Both the Fegai boys have stepped up to be honest

I wonder if they will be offered top30 contracts anywhere else or we maybe we strike a little luck to hold on via T&T for 2025......?

We dont have too many other outside backs jumping into the top30..........they are only 23yrs old. No greater certainty to break into FG anywhere else in the NRL. Yet they proved valuable when injuries struck this season.

They could still make $102k for 2025 if they played every FG game after rd 11

Roosters went with 11 T&T players in 2024 !!!!!!

"Train and trial players earn $1200 per week. They will pocket $3000 per first grade game they play, however they're ineligible to be picked until round 11 — unless they win NRL approval. There is no cap on the amount of train and trial contracts clubs give."

KogarahWarrior

Juniors

I wonder if they will be offered top30 contracts anywhere else or we maybe we strike a little luck to hold on via T&T for 2025......?

We dont have too many other outside backs jumping into the top30..........they are only 23yrs old. No greater certainty to break into FG anywhere else in the NRL. Yet they proved valuable when injuries struck this season.

"Train and trial players earn $1200 per week. They will pocket $3000 per first grade game they play, however they're ineligible to be picked until round 11 — unless they win NRL approval. There is no cap on the amount of train and trial contracts clubs give."
I'd resign both Feagai boys. They've proven themselves to be very worthy firstgraders. Matt has grown an extra leg

Even Max... so much more of a smart defender than before. In a game where DCE terrorised us, his defence on Koula, a man much faster than him, and his ability to not give him any room was very very impressive. IIRC he even got past Koula a few times.

TheRev

First Grade

I've been pondering this, the amount of 'fat' in our Top30+6 is being slimmed... we got rid of Paul Turner early.. but according to reports here we had tapped a few like BMM & MaxF.. both ended up staying.. and both ended up playing first grade reasonably well fascinatingly.....

But having 2 Feagais, Tamale, SFione, CTui has been quite useful in terms of having some sort of depth cover for first grade.. but next year 3 of them are gone.. possibly 4 with Ravalawa.. and I can promise you there are not enough slots in the Top 30 for the Feagais.. but we also arent replacing them.. were loading up on more forwards instead..

So.. if the Feagais are willing to take Train & Trial contracts, maybe they hang around and could provide injury cover, but im very curious where Flanno intends to get his backs coverage from...

Next year is also the year we should start to see some of those JF kids come through, BRumble ive heard is Train&Trial next year, so that means hes first grade available.. perhaps Williams and Buchanan get similar contracts.... but these kids are far less safe than the big bodies and veteran status that the Feagais have.. which Flanno loves.. and who gets the nsw cup jerseys? Do the Feagais have first dibs or do we prioritise the juniors?

Its bluddy fascinating.. I cant wait to see what it is flanno ends up with by next year. Total jigsaw.

Latest posts