What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Kent's claim that coaches and CEOs saying lines like 'we aren't going to comment on speculation' is KILLING THE GAME has to be among the stupidest things he has ever said.

Is anyone going to stop playing or watching footy because Manly's CEO won't confirm anything about Trent Barrett? Maybe the 0.0001% of fans who follow the game for boardroom drama gossip and not for the actual football.

For him to even suggest that this coaching drama is killing the game is just ridiculous.

If anything its got people's attention, rather than off field issues like drugs, alcohol and violence that may turn people off.

If fans are frustrated, they probably frustrated at the speculation and rumors that might not be true, started by the media and sick of hearing about it.

It annoys me when the coaches release a statement about their contract situation, these jurnos come out and either say, "Well he hasnt denied it" "That wasnt good enough".

Then comes the speculation. "I have on good authority that.." "I have spoken to a club official...".

So when the story is completely false, they'll start whinging when it didn't go their way and blame it on the officials and then start saying how the NRL should get involved.

Just on controversy corner, I dont mind the fact that they have jurno on there cause when they get it wrong, someone like Hughes or Blocker would say "Well you wrote this article on 28th May which wasnt true, please explain".

And finally something positive, The Fan. Its nice to see a show focused on the good things and those small segments on the players are quite good. I also like it when Vossy throws the odd stat in here and there. Great show. Shame it only goes for half hour.

roofromoz

First Grade
CEOs not commenting is ruining the game... if they were commenting it would be also ruining the game because they should keep that stuff in-house... you can't win with these idiots.

Life's Good

Coach
Kent's claim that coaches and CEOs saying lines like 'we aren't going to comment on speculation' is KILLING THE GAME has to be among the stupidest things he has ever said.

Is anyone going to stop playing or watching footy because Manly's CEO won't confirm anything about Trent Barrett? Maybe the 0.0001% of fans who follow the game for boardroom drama gossip and not for the actual football.
I saw that segment & when he said that I immediately looked for his handbag. Someone needs to tell him his opinion isn’t worth two bob.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So the massive media storm in a teacup has been
Griffin sacked for Cleary - false
Cleary def going to panthers - false
Bennett falling out with broncos and going to be sacked - false
Siebold going to broncos - false
Barrett handing in notice - yet to be confirmed

What a set of merkins the Sydney media is.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Alexander last night in Melbourne game when video ref was reviewing a try
“And that’s tthe money shot, between the legs” made me snigger.

Headless Chook

Juniors

His voice went up 20 decibels with those three words. Sounded like he may have ruptured an ovary.

nrlnrl

First Grade
So the massive media storm in a teacup has been
Griffin sacked for Cleary - false
Cleary def going to panthers - false
Bennett falling out with broncos and going to be sacked - false
Siebold going to broncos - false
Barrett handing in notice - yet to be confirmed

What a set of merkins the Sydney media is.
It has been crazy from the media, but I wouldn't write off all those things as false just yet. Let's wait until the start of 2019 season & see who's coaching where.

nickdragons90

Juniors
The height of hypocrisy from one buzz Rothfield there. If any university or school student ever needs to see an example of hypocrisy, we’ll look no further.

roofromoz

First Grade
NRL 360 confirming that they selectively choose to take things out of context.

Ponga's wish to play for the All Blacks was stated at the end of an interview with a NZ TV station, so no fuss should be made out of it.

Reactions: Vee

Stallion

First Grade
Wonder if this rugby league channel will advertise the approaching Challenge Cup Final at anytime? Perhaps I've missed the advertising? But to my knowledge no advertising for this often watched sports event so far . It's on this weekend. Not sure when ? I'm guessing Fox league will show it?

AJB1102

First Grade
Bit shit to have the commentator keep telling people to stay tuned for a big breaking RL story on the MJ show for it to just be another bullshit skit. I'm cool with jokey RL shows like MJ's but they need to keep the proper stuff separate from their jokey stuff.