What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I agree the RUWC promos on Fox League are shitting me.

I could bear the actual ads during commercial breaks (the Japanese theme is pretty cool) but can't stand that the Fox League panel start pushing the union WC. It's just wrong and I think some of the panellists are uncomfortable with it.

Stallion

First Grade

I could bear the actual ads during commercial breaks (the Japanese theme is pretty cool) but can't stand that the Fox League panel start pushing the union WC. It's just wrong and I think some of the panellists are uncomfortable with it.

Thank you. It's wrong. And I'm sure the rugby-league world cup never received such exposure! Notably important rugbyleague internationals and approaching tournaments have received minimal exposure on the Fox League channel and ofcourse even less on "other codes " channels on Fox.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade

Absolutely. I've deliberately decided to view the FTA coverage as I know I'll be watching a rugby-league coverage without getting union shoved in front of my eyes.

The Marshall

Juniors
Fox League's Twitter and website coverage gives the Telegraph a run for its money in the gutter journalism these days. They used to just focus on the actual football stories but now its just like the Teecrap. Look at this story as a example.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Oh no, game in crisis. Munster playing the pokies after a big loss where he shouldve been at the hotel sinking back a few waters.

I mean cmon, yes we're gonna see these pests post stuff on Instagram, facebook or twitter, but why are Fox League making it a joke about it which could encourage more people to pester league players after a loss.

no name

Coach
The bloke who filmed that looks and sounds like the biggest f**kwit ever.

Hope people recognise him and tell him to pull his head in.

Go up to any other civilian 20 something year old and film yourself telling them how to gamble your pokie winnings and you will probably get a punch in the face.

T-Boon

Coach
Just watching a game on Fox from 1992 Knights v Tigers, a channel 9 game. Commentators Sterling, Fatty. Warren. Been watching 15 minutes and it’s great commentary they just described what was going on in the game there hasn’t been 1 comment about anything other than what was happening. No bitching about decisions or Gould type personal agendas.

siv

First Grade
Very annoyed that full replays from the Pay-TV era are reduced to 1 hour highlights packages

Generalzod

Immortal
Agree. They didn’t even show Fittler being sent into next week by Villasanti from the ‘02 GF. One minute he kicks a 40-20 the next he’s swathed in bandages setting up a try down the other end of the field.
Turning point in the game and they didn’t show it ...

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Just watching a game on Fox from 1992 Knights v Tigers, a channel 9 game. Commentators Sterling, Fatty. Warren. Been watching 15 minutes and it’s great commentary they just described what was going on in the game there hasn’t been 1 comment about anything other than what was happening. No bitching about decisions or Gould type personal agendas.

Probably because the game had some action in it, forwards who could and did pass to supports...not 5 drives and a kick for the corner....did they talk about completion rates and edge forwards blah blah.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So that's the end of the live action for another season. Overall I'd give the Fox Channel a solid 8/10 this year.

T-Boon

Coach
Probably because the game had some action in it, forwards who could and did pass to supports...not 5 drives and a kick for the corner....did they talk about completion rates and edge forwards blah blah.

I have watched 2 games from the 80s on Fox in the last week and both of them were by a huge margin the best football I have seen in 15 years.

I just watch Parra v Manly from 1987 and it was so beautiful I almost burst out into tears. It was like spotting a juicy bunch of grapes when you have been having to live on nothing but raisins for 10 years.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Agreed, when you compare great five eighths like Brett Kenny and Terry Lamb creating play to today's pass from a scrum to a big forward to see him charge ahead it saddens me what we have lost.

Even great skilful English forwards like Kevin Ward who were a dime a dozen no longer exist. Watch the third Test between Australia and Great Britain in 1986 to see the masterful English lock Harry Pinner's distribution of defence splitting passes absolute skill we don't see anymore.

PARRA_FAN

Coach

That year Ch 9 took over the rights for Friday night and Sunday football, and the occasional Saturday night.

Sterlo had just retired and had already been primed as a good commentator given his part time work with Ch 10 during his play days.

Warren was obviously missed during the time he was dumped from Ch 10 so a lot of people were glad he was calling Winfield Cup games.

Vautin was a interesting one, he did the occasional commentary gig during his playing days, most notably the ABC incident in 1988, and I think in 1991 was on a Ch 9 sports show, seen as the funny one

During his commentary then he threw the occasional joke but didn't hold back on a lot things like, "Well I cant believe the touchie got that wrong" "Well if thats forward I'll walk backwards to Gosford from here".

Agreed, much better back then rather than talk about MAFS or some BS.

Monday Roast

Juniors
Agreed on the general support for the old games, it does soften the blow of the off-season.

But again, Fox League Channel (we know you read this), why do you never show any games from the Super League season (1997)????

Haffa

Agreed on the general support for the old games, it does soften the blow of the off-season.

But again, Fox League Channel (we know you read this), why do you never show any games from the Super League season (1997)????
That season didn’t exist.