What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 team NRL competition by 2040

Perth Red

Post Whore
4 dollar kids entry at the mcg

mcg games 20k members get in for free

best metric is number of foxtel and kayo subscribers. Same cost for each whose more willing to pay
Like I said they aren’t by and large free for kids. Glad we got that sorted lol. Stadium members have paid, a lot. That gets taken into account for the deals clubs get at stadiums.

there is no one metric, it is a combination of a number. There is no doubt both codes are hugely popular. One has a far greater active fanbase and one has a far greater passive fanbase. Turning our passive fanbase into an active one is what will get us undisputed #1 status and the $’s that flow with that. At the moment we are behind in 3 or the 4 metrics Harry asked about, and I’d through memberships in the data sets as well as a measure of popularity.

Wb1234

Referee
Like I said they aren’t by and large free for kids. Glad we got that sorted lol. Stadium members have paid, a lot. That gets taken into account for the deals clubs get at stadiums.

there is no one metric, it is a combination of a number. There is no doubt both codes are hugely popular. One has a far greater active fanbase and one has a far greater passive fanbase. Turning our passive fanbase into an active one is what will get us undisputed #1 status and the $’s that flow with that. At the moment we are behind in 3 or the 4 metrics Harry asked about, and I’d through memberships in the data sets as well as a measure of popularity.
4 dollars kids entry for mcg plus offers of kids for free

anyone that takes afl crowds at face value is a fool but each to their own I guess

you just have to look at the giants and suns and compare them to the dolphins to see how the future will play out

nrl will just keep growing whilst afl stagnates or goes backwards

they havent even got enough players for 17 teams let alone 18

Perth Red

Post Whore
4 dollars kids entry for mcg plus offers of kids for free

anyone that takes afl crowds at face value is a fool but each to their own I guess

you just have to look at the giants and suns and compare them to the dolphins to see how the future will play out

nrl will just keep growing whilst afl stagnates or goes backwards

they havent even got enough players for 17 teams let alone
yes because Fta tv ratings are so accurate lol

What that AFl will continue to have a national metro footprint whilst NRl is largely confined to two cities? is that what you mean by comparing them?
A more accurate comparison would be dolphins to dockers, both second teams in heartland cities for that code

LimeRick

Juniors
they havent even got enough players for 17 teams let alone 18

The next few AFL drafts look to have a strong presence from the Gold Coast, so the Suns will pretty much be self-sustaining. Could you imagine the Storm coming anywhere close to producing all of their own players?

GWS is still shit. They'll forever have to get their players from Canberra and the Riverina.

Wb1234

Referee
The next few AFL drafts look to have a strong presence from the Gold Coast, so the Suns will pretty much be self-sustaining. Could you imagine the Storm coming anywhere close to producing all of their own players?

GWS is still shit. They'll forever have to get their players from Canberra and the Riverina.
You seem to know a lot about afl and talk it up

you need to pretend to be a league fan for longer

good luck with that

Gold Coast suns get all these priority draft picks then after a few seasons they get homesick and go back. It’s basically a feeder club for the rest of the league

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
Believe it not, though it doesn't seem to be welcomed here, people can like and know about multiple sports.

It's actually one of my least favourite things about LU. Some users' fear of other sports is embarrassing.
Ah yeh that is classic line

I look forward to any posts where rugby league is preferred over afl

eg tv ratings

LimeRick

Juniors
Ah yeh that is classic line

I look forward to any posts where rugby league is preferred over afl

eg tv ratings

I don't need to post those, because you're posting them ad nauseum.

Everyone already knows how the ratings work. NRL does better with eyeballs, but doesn't get the money because games are shorter and AFL games have more breaks for ads.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
yes because Fta tv ratings are so accurate lol

What that AFl will continue to have a national metro footprint whilst NRl is largely confined to two cities? is that what you mean by comparing them?
A more accurate comparison would be dolphins to dockers, both second teams in heartland cities for that code
Melbourne
Sydney
Brisbane
Auckland
Newcastle
Gold Coast
Townsville

Looks a bit more than 2 or your sport, sport.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Believe it not, though it doesn't seem to be welcomed here, people can like and know about multiple sports.

It's actually one of my least favourite things about LU. Some users' fear of other sports is embarrassing.
tbf he struggles to know about one lol. Also incredibly ironic considering he is a self confessed Swans fan.