What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Southernsaint

Staff member
So if Kiefer Sutherland signs a three year deal or whatever, you know he's can't die for at least 3 more seasons?? I can't see the suspense in watching something like that...

jc155776

Coach
Nah its good viewing. I spose that takes some of the suspense out but the restr of it is pretty mind blowing.

bullsh*t time slot for next week but.

Whatrs the f**ken go with seven and programming shows???

El Diablo

Post Whore
Southernsaint said:
So if Kiefer Sutherland signs a three year deal or whatever, you know he's can't die for at least 3 more seasons?? I can't see the suspense in watching something like that...

he produces the show so it may not mean he can't die

Booyah

Bench
Seven always d*ck around with good shows. They treated Scrubs, the most hilarious show of all time, terribly. It was on at the buttcrack of dawn in the middle of the week so no one would ever be up late enough to watch it.

Nine aren't much better either with what they did to the Sopranos.

But back to 24 - it's an awesome kick arse show. First and second season were probably the best ones, but this one has a bit of promise so we'll see how it goes. Strongly recommend watching it though.

Razor

Coach

Not necessarily. Generally all of these contracts are very one-sided and the actor needs to commit to the show for the contract period, but they can be killed off anytime during that period. All of the stars from the pilot episode of 24, were contracted for 3 years(inc. Teri who was killed off). All of the stars from Lost, who were in the pilot, who have been killed were contracted until the end of Season 3. All of the stars from the pilot episode of Alias were contracted for 5 years. Most shows are the same (although it's a lot more common when shows are first starting and the relatively unknown actors committing to the pilot).

But since Keifer is one of the big guns behind 24, then he would be able to negotiate his guaranteed survival quite easily.

The shows can do it quite easily - "Not interested in working? Fine, we'll find someone else who is". You'll find most actors from TV shows (Keifer, would be one of the few exceptions), will never turn down a job.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Booyah said:
Seven always d*ck around with good shows. They treated Scrubs, the most hilarious show of all time, terribly. It was on at the buttcrack of dawn in the middle of the week so no one would ever be up late enough to watch it.

so was Arrested Development

Munky

Coach
I don't want to see Jack die in 24. He makes the show and killing him off would ruin it IMO.

At the beginning of Thursday episode I was commenting how Curtis had survived for three seasons and would be killed off soon. Didn't expect the way for him to go though.

Another great thing with 24 is that they will develop a character over a series or two and kill them off suddenly with no follow up. Any other drama would spend the next three episodes on the aftermath and funeral.

To be fair to Seven and Nine, Scrubs and The Sopranos were given decent runs in prime time and no one watched them.

Atleast with Seven they will put their shows on late at night. You just need to make sure you check the TV guide often since they jump around and appear at god forsaken times. Knowing how to set the timer on your VCR is a must as well.

leaguerules

Juniors
yeh you right trying to keep when the show is on what the show was on tuesday and thursday this week and next week its on wednesday. Ive seen every serious except the last one so im not sure why jack was in china(mite c if i canhire the last series). but anyway enjoying this season so far i hope they keep 2 hours a night you can really get into it