What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26 June expansion meeting (Predictions?)

Wb1234

Immortal
They didn’t need any concessions from the ARLC and News Ltd to be successful, either.

The sooner they stop playing games at Dolphin Oval the better. A preseason game and NRLW games is all that should be played at that ground.
2 games at Sunshine Coast stadium when that’s finished to truly cover north Brisbane coridoor to Sunshine Coast

storm connections to the Sunshine Coast falcons should be severed

Vlad59

Bench
Exactly. Whenever Adelaide is mentioned, the standard knee-jerk reaction is "Why? They're terribly AFL-centric, it's crazy talk".

But here's the rub - there may be a latent market for rugby league there, heck there probably is.. but until/unless we take regular games there we don't have any guage on what that market is - let alone much hope of growing that market, let alone having a team there.

So let's start with that - a reliable game or two in Adelaide each year & see where that goes.
My experience of Adelaide suggests it’s a long way a way from a club. A decade

Do the dolphins have much support within the city of Brisbane or do most Of their fans travel down from the redcliffe and moreton bay area?
I don't think I've seen anyone wearing their merchandise in Logan.

Most of their support is likely to be based in Moreton Bay. Especially around Redcliffe.

We definitely need a team in southern Brisbane for people who don't like the Broncos. I've seen @Santino Pantane and @mongoose claim Broncos represent every region of Brisbane and argue there's no need for a team based south of the river.

Ironically, neither of them support the Broncos. One supports Canberra. The other supports Gold Coast. Both of those clubs are from other markets and don't represent RL fans in Brisbane.

If they aren't willing to support the Broncos then what gives them the right to tell other RL fans in Brisbane to do so?

I grew up in Upper Mt Gravatt and moved to Rochedale South over 20 years ago. Whatever connection the Broncos had to southern Brisbane died when they relocated back to Lang Park in 2003. I remember people from the northern suburbs whinging about having to travel to QEII Stadium to watch the Broncos between 1993 and 2003. The two sides of Brisbane have their own identity and don't like each other.

Vlad59

Bench
Fair call, and if we don't start raising the game's profile there by taking games to Adelaide, then in 10 years time it'll STILL be a decade away.
Hahahaha I’ve sat in pubs there empty of humans, asked to put the league on and been knocked back. They are a weird mob. Perth is a completely different experience. Very open minded. Adelaide is the worst city I’ve visited. I don’t even pretend to be objective. Even Hobart is more league friendly.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Do the dolphins have much support within the city of Brisbane or do most Of their fans travel down from the redcliffe and moreton bay area?
I see a fair bit of Dolphins gear on the southside of Brisbane. I'm a Phins member and I've never lived on the northside of Brisbane, let alone Redcliffe and was never a Redcliffe Dolphins fan in the Q Cup. They are a huge brand in SEQ though.

As for the mix of where there fans and members come from, the Dolphins would know, but we may never find out