What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26 June expansion meeting (Predictions?)

Perth 2027
NZ2 2029
Brisbane3 2031

I honestly don't know where to put the PNG bid. For once I'm glad the NRL is getting some government support for a new NRL expansion team, even though others on here are angry about it. Our foreign aid budget is massive, according to this link it sits at around $4.77 billion for 2023-2024:

And that's for just 1 year. The PNG bid is $600 million over 10 years. So our foreign aid budget dwarfs the money being allocated for the PNG NRL bid. But I am fairly concerned about other factors that will affect the PNG bid such as security, being able to attract marquee NRL players, corporate investment and infrastructure.

And I am insanely angry about the NRL clubs wanting a slice of the $600 million pie. How can cashed up NRL clubs in a first world country like Australia expect even a dollar that is intended to help a club in a third world country like PNG? Is there no limit to Australian entitlement and greed?

Centy Coast

Juniors
Seems weird to meet on SoO game day.

There is literally hundreds of other days to do it?
Well Perth and the Bears did initially meet for the first time at that State of Origin in Perth, so maybe it is for nostalgic reasons lol.
I hope it doesn’t go like that original meeting, say goodbye to the Bears if it does.

Canard

Immortal
Well Perth and the Bears did initially meet for the first time at that State of Origin in Perth, so maybe it is for nostalgic reasons lol.
I hope it doesn’t go like that original meeting, say goodbye to the Bears if it does.
Given that it's in Melbourne (and I'm going) surely it's the day to announce either a future Melbourne Origin fixture or funding for local development

'IF' any announcements are made, and 'IF' a Perth-based team is that announcement, I would imagine specifics, such as name, colours, logo, and maybe jersey would be unveiled at the NRL game here in August (Dolphins vs Roosters).
Negotiate with Brisbane Tigers. Use colour scheme of yellow and black. Call the club West Coast Wallabies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You’re the source of all knowledge.
Let us all know.

Often accrediting people saying the exact opposite of what they have said to push your agenda without anything to back it up.
yeh they are making it up, are you pippen? Lol

I’m sure the media are wrong and cumins is delusional lunatic who doesn’t have 4 other parters in the consortium ready to fund a new club. Cuckoo cuckoo

“The bid headed by Cumins has five high-powered individuals as part of the consortium including his brother Brian Cumins, who was formerly on the board of the Western Reds. Cumins is deputy chairman of Cash Converters”

Matt_CBY

Juniors
yeh they are making it up, are you pippen? Lol

I’m sure the media are wrong and cumins is delusional lunatic who doesn’t have 4 other parters in the consortium ready to fund a new club. Cuckoo cuckoo

“The bid headed by Cumins has five high-powered individuals as part of the consortium including his brother Brian Cumins, who was formerly on the board of the Western Reds. Cumins is deputy chairman of Cash Converters”

Learn to read.

I didn’t say they were making up the consortium. I asked who they were. I asked you because you are the holder of all knowledge - including accrediting quotes to people who have said opposing things publicly and repeatedly.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Learn to read.

I didn’t say they were making up the consortium. I asked who they were. I asked you because you are the holder of all knowledge - including accrediting quotes to people who have said opposing things publicly and repeatedly.
I have no idea who the other 3 are, but I have no reason to belive they dont exist!
I can have a guess that it could be some of the businessmen in perth I know of. and maybe Puddy whose now in Sydney, with Rl backgrounds but it’d just be guessing. One owns half the retail area down albany highway, one owns a stack of franchises and businesses and one has a large mining subsidiary company. All very wealthy and are or have been involved in local RL.

Pippen94

First Grade
I have no idea who the other 3 are, but I have no reason to belive they dont exist!
I can have a guess that it could be some of the businessmen in perth I know of. and maybe Puddy whose now in Sydney, with Rl backgrounds but it’d just be guessing. One owns half the retail area down albany highway, one owns a stack of franchises and businesses and one has a large mining subsidiary company. All very wealthy and are or have been involved in local RL.

There's no one

Latest posts